Author's Note

WOW. What a freaking long and horrendous journey writing this story has been.

          First off, I’d like to acknowledge Lindsay who has been there for me this entire time and has also been the one to push and push and push me until I finish my word count for the day. You see, for those of you who have no participated in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), you probably have no idea what it’s like to have to reach a daily word goal every day in order to reach your ultimate word goal of 50,000 words in a month.

          I never would’ve anticipated the stress that was going to be put onto my body and mind and sanity (I seriously don't remember NaNoWriMo being that freaking insane last year and in April) before I started NaNoWriMo in 2012. So when I went into NaNoWriMo in 2013, I considered myself a veteran. I put off planning for the longest time, and I thought that NaNoWriMo was going to be easy.

          Yeah, no.

          Hardest piece of shit I’ve ever done. Camp NaNoWriMo 2013 in April was the easiest crap I’d ever done, and I wrote 5,000 words every day. NaNoWriMo 2013? That was hard as hell. I pushed myself so far, and it was so hard to reach each day’s word goal. I wanted to die. But then I found a website called writeordie.com.

          Let’s just leave this page saying that I’m acknowledging Lindsay and Dr. Wicked, the creator of writeordie.com. Without them, I would’ve given up on this story and never finished it. I was in a terrible writing rut around halfway through the story, and thankfully writeordie helped me get past that rut, and here I am today--one more manuscript to add to my ever-expanding collection of novels and tons more comments from lovely fans like you.

          Anyway, just thought you guys deserved to know that I will be working on a second draft, and I will be uploading it on here. Most likely, I'll just go through and do grammatical errors first and upload those, but then in the following year I'll be trying my darnest to get a second draft--my first ever! So yeah. If that happens, which I hope it will, I'll send out a fan message and say so for those of you who would be interested in reading the (most likely) improved version.

          Thank you so much for reading Letters to Elle. I love you all! <3

          - Tori (GiveEmHell)