Chapter Two

His Honda Fit rental car screeches to a halt in front of the hotel, swift as ever he flings the car door open not even bothering to turn off the engine. Dean brushes past the valet, no words exchanged as he storms into the lobby. He was fuming with anger; out of all the superstars they could have paired her with they purposely placed her with Dean knowing how much he couldn't stand her. "Where's your pool?" His husky voice asks the guy at the front desk,

         "Uh well actually it's closed for the night..." He nervously trails off afraid of his reaction to the news, Dean's hands rub his eyes trying his damnedest to keep his temper under control.

         "Of course." He growls his jaw tightening as he moves toward the elevator, his footsteps echo throughout the lobby. Stretching out his right arm he pushes the up button, looking over his shoulder back at the desk to see the guy quickly look away. His foot taps impatiently, pressing the button again. He tries to take steady even breaths before clicking the button repeatedly, losing his patience banging his fist against the button.

         "Um" The man at the desk starts when Dean's crazed eyes look at him almost daring him to question his actions, he bites his tongue and looks back down at his computer screen. The door dings open and Dean climbs inside pressing the top floor button.

         He stands in silence his back pressed against the cool wall, a sense of relaxation taking over as he pushes his thoughts of her out of his mind. "What's done is done." He repeats Hunter's words, watching the number slowly rise above the door just two more before he was where he wanted to be. The door dings one floor shy of his destination, it slowly opens and his heart falls when he sees Kendall's small figure in the doorway her hair blocked her face like a curtain as she looks down at her phone. "Great..." He mumbles, catching her attention she looks up taking a gulp.

         "I can just catch the next one." Her honeyed voice rings in his ears, he nods content with the answer just as the door was about to shut, he stuck his arm out to stop it. He stood hunched over holding the door open, her wide eyes stared into his, uncertain what to do. Dean didn't know what to say, he hadn't plan to stop the door it just happened.

         "Get in," The words came out rude, almost forceful but she obeys. Ken fumbles with her phone waiting for the door to close behind them, "We can take a ten second elevator ride without killing each other right?" Dean half jokes already regretting his decision when she ignores him focusing only on her phone.

         "I'm not the one with the problem." She mumbles under her breath, he glares at her and she couldn't help but smile. Dean was different than everyone else, she felt uncomfortable around him but he didn't scare her. The door opens to the fourteenth floor and they both walk out, "See ya" she grins before taking a left turn. She notices him turn the same way. "Are you following me?"

         "Don't flatter yourself."

         "I've noticed more than just God has been watching my every move these last few days." He searches her eyes hoping she was bluffing but he sees nothing but confidence as she laughs at him. "You and poor Darren must be bored out of your minds, I'm not a very interesting person. What little time I do have I devote to my lord and savior." He rolls his eyes walking past her determined to get to the roof to think, their hands both land on the door handle.

         "No, no all I want is some alone time to think!" He snaps, but she doesn't budge her head tilts to the right as she stares into his blue eyes.

         "Are you always this angry?" she asks a smile playing at the edge of her lips though she was trying to hold it back, he narrows his eyes at her; not liking how she was mocking him.

         "You haven't seen nothing yet." Dean growls,

         "Well, I'm going out this door. You are welcome to join me." She turns the handle, his hand still on top of hers. "Or not." She adds with a smile, he takes his hand off of hers with a scowl. The brunette's shoulder brushes across his chest leaving a cool tingling sensation, he watches the door slowly follow behind the girl and just before it could close he catches the handle.

         He mumbles out of frustration, cursing her under his breath, but he follows her, reluctantly. She was standing on the edge of the roof, her hands resting on the ledge that was right at her waist, she stares out at the city. The moonlight was dancing around her, and Dean felt his throat tighten. A breeze flies by, her hair flowing with the wind and she grins with a giggle enjoying the moment. Slowly he made his way to stand beside her, she looks at him. "You know this is a big roof, right?" She questions,

         He glares at her. "Are you saying I'm not welcome? Not very christian of you, Ms. White." He taunts, the girl's eyes go wide with surprise.

         "No, no... that isn't what I meant..." She mumbles, he could just barely see her cheeks flushing with embarrassment. "I meant, you said you wanted to be alone. There is plenty of space to do that." She stammers on her words, his gaze doesn't leave her and he loved watching her squirm with discomfort. "But you can stay if you'd like." She adds after a few uncomfortable seconds of silence.

        Dean and Kendall were standing beside each other, both fighting the urge to look over at the other. He notices her hand go up and he looks over to see her eyes closed and hand cradling her necklace. Her mouth was just barely moving and he knew she was praying, again. "How many times a day do you do that?"

        She jumps a little startled by his voice, she opens her eyes and looks to him not releasing her necklace. "Um, it just depends." He just stares at her and she knew he wasn't satisfied with the answer. "But on average, I'd say at least fifteen." He frowns,

        "Sounds selfish." He scoffs, her jaw drops and he smirks with pride.

        "How is it selfish?" She asks through gritted teeth, trying to keep her anger contained. His blue eyes shine with amusement, he was enjoying this. Watching her unravel before him. It was very satisfying.

        "Imagine someone knocking on your door fifteen times a day and each time you open it, it's the same person begging you to do stuff for them? Sounds like a selfish person to me." His voice was flat, her tense body relaxes and a smile spread across her face, catching Dean off guard.

        "Fair point. But how I see it is someone receiving fifteen letters from me reminding them how much I love them and trust their judgement. Thanking them for all they have given me in life." She looks back to the city view, warmth filling her heart; knowing God was proud of her for keeping her cool.

       He crosses his arms across his chest, a little pissed she didn't get more upset at him. "So what was this one about? Or is it like a wish, if you tell it won't come true." He mocks, trying to push her buttons, he was determined to get her to snap at him. To show her true colors.

        She chuckles, brushing her hair behind her ear, so she could look him in the eyes. "You sure you wanna know?" He nods, she smiles weakly; nervous to tell him. "I was asking God to help..." She trails off, her gaze dropping to their feet, before she takes a deep breath and forces herself to look into his eyes. "You."

        He scoffs, "Help me with what?" Her eyes fill with sadness and he feels a tinge of guilt.

        "I think you are so angry because you're lost, you need help finding your path, where you belong. And even though you think my religion is a joke, I want God to stand with you and show you that you are loved." He stares into her big round eyes, taken back by her words, they were glossy with unshed tears before she finally looked down.

       He felt something in his chest that he couldn't identify, a burning sensation, and a warmth in his stomach; he didn't know the right words to explain the emotion. Was it guilt? Gratitude? Love? Anger? He was so confused, never had someone he hated done something so nice. Sure he thought praying was nonsense, he still does but for someone who thinks it's real to waste a prayer on him, it left him speechless. Kendall looks back to him, glad he didn't come back with something rude, she rests her hand on his cheek. "I hope you find peace someday, goodnight Ambrose." He stood there frozen in place as she walked back to her room.

      "She's full of shit..." He mutters to himself, "Isn't she?" 

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: May 07, 2017 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

The Lunatic's Favorite Christian [Dean Ambrose]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें