Peace or Pieces Pt.2

LEA'S POV

  I woke up with Sarah still beside me sleeping peacefully. Her vacation from work started today and I also got to go home today. Yesterday was a little too much for me because I would have never expected that from Erin but you know what they say, you never know someone until you know someone. Although I was hurt by what she said, I was even more happy that Sarah stood up for me. In these last few weeks she proved to be a keeper and I plan on doing just that. 

*Phone rings*

I reached for my phone when I realized it wasn't mine, it was Sarah's. I know I shouldn't be snooping but I can't help it. So reluctantly I swiped to unlock her phone. Surprisingly she doesn't have a code, so it's not really snooping, right? I opened the message and it was from a girl named Isabelle. Who the hell is Isabelle? Before I jump to conclusions let me read what the messages say. Before I read the messages, I scrolled up to see exactly how many messages were exchanged between them. Lucky for Sarah there weren't many.  So I scrolled down and read the most recent one.

Text message:

Isabelle: Sarah honestly I'm hurting. I know we ended things but I need you back. I've forgiven you for the abuse and all of the cheating. I'm willing to forget everything and start fresh because I love you. I'm also really sorry about the baby and what I did to you. I never meant to hurt you but I was in a really dark place in my life. My mom asked about you the other day and I told her I would tell you to call her whenever you got a chance. I hope you consider this and give me another chance because I'm willing to give you another chance too. I love you Sarah Marie Johnson, I always have and I always will. xoxo

The abuse? The cheating? What the fuck? The baby? What in the dickens is this girl talking about. I need to know NOW. "Sarah wake yo ass up!!!!!" She jumped up so fast, you'd think there was a fire. "What baby? What's wrong?" She said rubbing her eyes. "Here!" I said throwing her the phone. "Who the fuck is Isabelle and don't lie to me!" She read the message and the more she read the paler her face got. "Lea......"

SARAH'S POV

When I tell you I was shook. I was shook. I can't believe she went through my phone but can I blame her? She is my girlfriend. As I was reading the message I was going pale, Isabelle was bringing up damn near our entire relationship in one message. After reading I looked up at Lea, she was fuming and I knew I had to spill it so here goes nothing. Let's hope she still wants to be with me after this.  "Lea, what do you want to know...I'll tell you anything you want to know. Just please be calm." I said as I sat in one of the reclining chairs beside her bed. "Who is Isabelle?" "Isabelle is my ex girlfriend from 10 years ago. I met her my Sophomore year in  High School and we dated for about 5 years. We broke up my Junior year of college because She cheated on me and had a baby with someone." "Okay, so what did she mean by the cheating and the abuse?" "My sophomore year of college I got hooked on pain killers. When I would go through withdrawals I was very angry and abusive toward Isabelle and the fact that she cheated didn't help either. I was angry, sad, and confused. Once Isabelle told me she cheated on me I needed her to feel the pain I felt so I would go out and sleep with any girl who was cute and was down. I really hurt Isabelle but she stuck with me. We finally broke up when I went to rehab my Junior year of college because i didn't want to be with her anymore." Lea was just looking at me with this dead ass expression on her face that was killing me on the inside. "Lea say something...." She was still silent. After about 5 more minutes of silence she said, "What do you want me to say? My girlfriend is a recovering drug addict, former abuser, and a cheater. What the fuck man?! How am I suppose to stay with you after hearing this?!.....HUH? TELL ME!!!" 

I couldn't even look at her. Damn, I fucked up. "Lea, look. I'm not even going to beg you to stay with me. I know my past is terrible and I'm not about to act like what I did wasn't bad but I've done better since then. Yes, I've had other girlfriends since Isabelle. No, I have not beat them. No I'm not on drugs anymore and every Wednesday I go to group to keep me on track. And As far as that baby goes, I send Isabelle money for Greyson because I promised her mother I would always look out for her. I feel terrible that I beat Isabelle because she was my first love and I never meant to hurt her. I don't really have any family, Isabelle was my family. She was what motivated me, believed in me, helped me with my relationship with my mom, held me down and when she cheated on me, I broke. That was suppose to be our baby, not her baby with some random nigga. She broke me and I lost it. If I could go back and just talk to her about her cheating, figure something out I would have." "So why after all this time is she sending this message? When is the last time you've seen her Sarah?" "I see her every few months just to check on her daughter. Greyson knows me as her God Mom and over the summers she comes and lives with me. I only see her to exchange Greyson, other than that I deal with Isabelle's mother. There is nothing there any more. I don't trust her and besides, I'm with you. I haven't slept with Isabelle since before she had Greyson and she's 6 now. I don't want Isabelle but what I can tell you is that she understands that she fucked up by cheating plus having a kid and she wants to right her wrong but Greyson is here, alive and well. I can't forget. Every time I look at the beautiful little girl, I see her mother's betrayal." After telling Lea all of this I just want to be alone. I feel sick. I feel like a 18 wheeler has destroyed every fiber of my being. I've tried to get passed what happened to me and Isabelle but having this talk is bringing back a shit ton of anger. "Look Lea, I can't have this conversation anymore. I'm trying to move on with life and talking about this is getting really hard for me. You're mother knows what time you're supposed to be picked today but I've got to go. I need to clear my mind." "Sarah really? Are you going to get high on pills??? HUH???? I swear to Go..." "Lea, word up ma. shut the fuck up. That shit was over 6 years ago shorty. I haven't relapsed ONCE. That was a weak point in my life due to family issues and me needing an escape. So instead of killing myself, I got high off pills. It was my decision and my decision solely to get help so screw you for throwing that shit in my face. Goodbye Lea." How could she just throw that in my face?? But you know what, I've been through this before. I walked out the door and didn't look back. I have the urge to get high but I'm stronger than that so I'll go to group to get some shit off my chest.