Chapter 1 - Part 2

"Do you really think she'll be okay?" I asked Matthew, still with my eyes fixed on the group in front of us.

"She has to be."

I looked up at him. He had been just as concerned as the people who loved Taylor. He hadn't just been a bodyguard to her, he had been a friend to both of us. I reached out and squeezed his arm gently, trying to comfort him. "Whatever happened, we're all here for her."

I wanted to hope she hadn't been raped but it would entail trusting that there were people who weren't capable of it, and I couldn't—I knew different.

The sound of the door opening pulled us to the moment. The doctor looked subdued as he closed it behind him.

"I'm Connor Price, Taylor's brother," Connor said, taking a step closer to the doctor. "How's she?"

The time was here. I wasn't sure I was prepared for what the answer might be. I reminded myself we all had to be strong for her. She would need it. Sin shoved his hands in his pockets as he waited beside Connor for the information.

"She's been beaten quite badly. It will heal, and I don't believe there will be any scars."

The last word vibrated through me, and Sin hung his head as he listened. Connor swallowed hard while he took it in, his cool exterior we were all used to shaken.

A familiar arm wrapped around me and I leaned closer to Matthew, needing comfort at the extent of her injuries. She had been alone, fighting for her life. I put my hand to my mouth to keep my composure. My throat burned as I tried to suppress my tears.

"She has quite a bad cut on her leg but it doesn't require stitches." The doctor quieted.

"Was there any sign of..." Connor tried to ask, but he couldn't say it. Sin's shoulders tensed as he lifted his gaze to the doctor.

The doctor shook his head. "There are signs her attacker did try but she must have managed to fight him off."

Connor looked relieved. Sin ran a hand through his hair, and Slater stood silently beside them.

"When can we see her?" Sin asked, the strain of not being able to see her evident in his face.

"At this stage I'm only allowing family in. She's sleeping at the moment. I've decided to sedate her for now. Let her get some rest and tomorrow you can see her."

Sin looked at him like he had physically struck him, and my heart went out to him. Even though it included me and Matthew, there was a desperation in Sin to be able to see her that I understood. Despite their ups and downs he truly cared for her, probably more than he had for any girl.

"I'd like to see her now," Connor insisted.

"Sure," the doctor said. "The nurses are just cleaning her up. As soon as they are done you can go and see her."

"Tomorrow I will allow non-family members to see her," the doctor told us. "She needs time to come to terms with what has happened to her."

Sin turned away from the doctor and Slater put a hand on his shoulder to reassure him. There was no visible emotion but his jaw tensed slightly as he dealt with the news he would have to wait another day to see Taylor.

"She's okay," Slater said to his friend. "You'll get to see her soon."

They stared at each other for a few moments before Sin relented and nodded his head. Shoving his hands into his pockets, he looked defeated. He wasn't someone I was close to but even in that moment I couldn't stop myself from feeling for him. If there had been any doubt before about his feelings for Taylor, there wasn't any now.