Sniper/Medic

Sniper lay on a patient's bed in the sickbay awake and his face to the ceiling. His mind was restless and panicked, he'd never been left alone this long while blinded. Sniper was completely annoyed by the BLU Spy's new favorite game to play which is gouging out his eyeballs and then leaving him to suffer and stumble foolishly to Medic. Medic was also very annoyed by that wretched Spy's choice of fun. It takes much time and meticulous work in order to fix the eyes before completely healing or sending the mercenaries through respawn without them being completely blind. Medic was starting to get stressed but looked at the bright side; the same operation was going faster every time.

Sniper began to turn and fuss underneath the covers. It was hard to sleep with no eyelids to close. Medic shoved himself from his desk and grumbled all the way over to Sniper's bedside, fists placed on his hips and cocked his head to the side, a crabby scowl there.

"Vhat ist vrong?" Sniper merely grabbed at the air in hope to find Medic in his reach. He whimpered when he found nothing. Medic rolled his eyes and sat on the edge of the bed and Sniper lunged for his hand, surprised not to find it gloved like usual.

He ran his fingers across and over the doctor's hand. It felt older and a bit weathered with the experience of being on the field, and yet, still smooth and soft. He squeezed the hand and shuffled his fingers upward the arm and slowly wrapping his own two around it. Sniper sighed with relief, he never thought he would be so desperate for human contact as he hugged Medic's arm. Medic's scowl softened into a look of understanding.

"Are you scared, Herr Sniper?" Medic cooed softly like he did with his doves. Sniper tucked his forehead into Medic's shoulder. He didn't want to admithimself that he was scared so he just squeezed tighter. Medic tittered at the childish behavior and raised his other hand to pet the blind man's hair in order to sooth him.

"It ist alright, mein Kind, I'm here to protect you," Medic whispered into his hair and he continued to stroke it. A shiver ran down Sniper's spine when the warm breath contacted with his cold scalp. He moved to untangle his legs from the sheets then felt for Medic's knees. Sniper's hand traveled down Medic's hip and smoothed down his thigh, hoping the doctor didn't take this in the wrong way.

"Vhat? You vant me to move?" Medic gave an inquisitive look towards Sniper's hand that was now tugging on the knee closest to him. Medic complied and took off his boots before moving into a cross-legged position at the foot of the bed.

Sniper scooted forward then groped the air for Medic and continued forward when the doctor's hands placed themselves in his. Medic watched the lanky figure sit in his lap and wrap long, thin legs around his waist. The arms tangled around his back whilst his head buried into his chest. Medic smoothed a hand on his patient's back then wrapped completely around him. One hand wandered back up to pet Sniper's hair and neck again and smiled when he felt a sigh of relief warming his chest through his shirt and vest.

'Hm, I vill have to take notes on zhis later,' Medic thought,' zhis ist so intriguing, a man vith almost no zhoughts of being social, at all, suddenly gets blinded und zhen strives for constant contact. Vhat a fascinating psychological event!' Sniper whined and squeezed even tighter, rubbing his face into Medic's collar and feeling the silky tie against his nose. Medic continued to pet and coo into Sniper's scalp. Medic crept his fingers down to his temples. Sniper flinched when his ear was touched, but relaxed, for he trusted his doctor.

"Let's see how your eyes are doing," the doctor's voice came in a near-whisper and his hands slid across Sniper's jaw, tilting his head upwards for inspection. Sniper winced as the bandages over his eyes were peeled from his skin. The doctor gripped his patient's head and turned it from side to side, observing the empty red sockets. 'Ahh, zhe eyeballs have dissolved nicely,' Medic mused in his head. Sniper's bony fingers gripped Medic's thumb, snapping him out of his observation.

"C-cold," Sniper croaked, squeezing the doctor's fingers.

"Ahh, I vas starting to zhink zhat you've forgotten how to speak, Herr Sniper," Medic tittered,"Vell, get under zhe covers und I vill get fresh bandages for you," He patted his patient's shoulder and wriggled away. Sniper grabbed Medic's arm out of fear but let it slip away from his grip.

Sniper shuffled underneath his covers and hugged his pillow tightly, looking for security," Herr Sniper, I'm back! I'm going to need you to sit still vith your face up, bitte," Medic sat on the edge of the bed and directed Sniper's face to where he needed it. He felt patting vibrate the bed and then directly on his knee and following it, a squeeze. Medic smiled and placed the adhesive patches over the sockets then laid him down, pulling up the sheets and setting down an extra comforter just in case.

"Stay," Sniper sighed weakly, catching Medic by his fingers," please stay," he tugged on the smooth knuckles," l-lay with me, Doctor," Sniper babbled on while tucking his face to hide his embarrassment much like a child would. Medic gave an understanding smile and complied by taking off his boots and vest then slipped under the covers behind Sniper. Warm, strong arms wrapped around his ribcage and stuck his nose into Sniper's hair. He cooed and petted the hair to relax him and their legs tangled. Cold toes found their way to being in between Medic's sock enveloped feet.

After a few moments, Sniper started to take deeper breaths and relax, he was finally sleeping but still had a strong grip on the hand that wrapped around his stomach. 'Vell, I do need some sleep... zhe report vill just have to vait until morning,' Medic sighed and rested his chin over Sniper's shoulder and began to sleep.