Being Normal

Copyright belongs to Courtney Walker. Any relations to persons real or fake is strictly accidental.

 A picture slammed to the ground. Tammy jumped and I took a protective stance in front of her. Our drunken father stepped toward us menacingly, or as menacingly as he could after intaking almost 6 bottles of beer.

  "Are you scared little Annie?", he mocked me. His eyes were full of anger and behind that anger, sadness. "Don't worry baby, Daddy won't hurt you."

  His voice was sickengly sweet. I took a step back with every advancing step he made. A beer bottle crashed and broke. My father looked down at his hand and noticed the broken beer bottle on the ground. He turned back to us, his eyes full of rage.

  "You did this!" he screamed at us. Tammy's eyes widened witth fear. I screamed as he grabbed my arm. I had no chance of escaping his tight grip. I squirmed away from him as far I could.

  This only enraged him more. He picked up a jagged shard of glass from the broken beer bottle mess on the floor.

   I only looked up at him in fear, scared of I thought he would do.Of what I knew he would do. I held back a scream as he ran the glass down my arm, creating a line of thick, crimson blood. At the sight of my blood dripping down to the floor, my vision became blurry. The last thing I heard before I passed out, was the sound of my little sister's scream.