Chapter 1: A Rendition of Introduction

Don't you wish things just went the way you imagined it? Don't you wish you could control the events in your life? I know I do. I wish I had some magical ability that granted my every desire...or so I thought. Just kidding, this isn't some wannabe fairytale. It's far from it.

The name's L-...no, no. That's too corny of an introduction. I'm Leo Walker. Define myself you say? Well, I'm fairly tanned, jet black hair and eyes, and a smile so sheepish you can practically hear the barn yard. Oh, you mean who am I? Truth be told, I'm nothing special. I don't get bullied, I don't get awards, I definitely don't get girls; in fact, I'm practically invisible to the outside world.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not some tragic hero. No, no, that's too exciting for me. I'm, through the literal definition of the word, boring. I have no talents nor specific abilities I can brag about. Well, I can write stories. I suppose you can count that as one thing.

I don't write much though. I think it's pretty useless. You would need to have unbelievable luck to land a writing gig. Even then it's such a hassle to earn enough for a decent living. I try to stray far away from writing. It brings me no good.

Today is supposed to be a fun day for me. It's my birthday; the only day I believe you can consider fun in my life. Why is it fun? Well, it's my birthday! Does it need to have some other reason besides that?

"Leo! Hurry, we don't have all day!" An ogre-like shout rang through my room. "I'm coming!" I replied. She's so spritely, it gives me tooth aches!

Man, my sister sure knows how to act like she's older. Always demanding me to do my homework or to take a shower. Seriously, I'm a full year older than her! Who does she think she is? She's a sweet kid though. Extremely thoughtful of others and kind hearted. I suppose being the older brother, it truly is my duty to annoy her to no ends.

"What took you, big bro?!" With furrowed eye brows she questioned me. "Well, I had to put on my underwear, you don't expect me to just go commando everyday do ya, Christine Annna?" I cleverly retorted. "Everyday? Ew! Just say C. A.!" She quipped.

Ugh, do you really want me to tell you what my sister looks like? Fine. She has brown hair fashioned into a pixie cut, freckles that stretches from cheek to cheek, and a button nose. She looks like a pixie, I suppose. She's wearing an oversized pink sweater, pastel blue jeans that are ripped by the knees and the prototypical tennis shoes: Stan Smiths.

My sister is such an extroverted girl, she always wears pink with some combination of pastel colors. You would think it would look tacky but she pulls it off well. Quite the opposite of me, in fact, since my sense of fashion is basically; black jeans, a grey shirt, and my favorite Air Jordan 1 Breds.

"Happy Birthday, big bro! You're one year closer to pension!" C. A. said teasingly. "Hey, hey now, I'm only sixteen, okay?" I replied.

This is our usual birthday routine; one of us teases the other to being close to pension, while the other delivers the punchline. I'd like to think me and her are a modern day Abbot and Costello.

Our parents aren't usually around since they're busy with work most of the time. I don't mind it at all, to be honest. Since me and C. A. get to have friends over often. I know exactly what you're thinking; oh, no, deeply repressed parental issues! Well, you couldn't be anymore wrong. Frankly said, I'm relatively happy. As I mentioned earlier, I'm boring not tragic.

Anyways, enough with the monologues, I've gotta walk to school since I live relatively close by. I wouldn't want to be late now or I'd have to run out with a piece of toast hanging from my mouth. Could you imagine that? Ridiculous!