chapter 2

Lately, lapis has felt the odd urge to follow around her barn mate.
She didn't know why, but she was getting more and more curious to see what the little gremlin does when she is not around.
Peridot walked into the barn, ignoring lapis intirely.
The small gem climbed up to where the 'TV' was located, and turned it on.
Lapis curiosity looked over, she walked a little closer to see what the green girl was doing.
Lapis saw her put take a small, rectangular box and put it into the 'TV'.
Soon after, it made a loud noise that made lapis jump in alarm.
"What is that?!" Lapis squeaked.
Peridot looked over at her, surprised to see such a reaction from this preticular person.
"A show. It's an earth thing." Peridot shrugged.
Lapis hesitantly scooted closer to investigate.
"What is the purpose?" Lapis asked, peeking at the TV.
"It's just entertainment. " she muttered, seemingly distracted by the show.
"Entertainment?" Lapis narrowed her eyes, slightly baffled by how peridot was staring at the TV screen.
"What are you watching?" The Bluenett finally asked after a long silence.
"Camp pining hearts, season 2." The blonde replied.
"Season? What's a season?" Lapis was confused again, and peridot wasn't entirely sure she could explain it right.
"Um.. it's like...okay, so .. I have no idea how to explain it.." Peridot sighed in defeat.
Lapis cocked her head to the side.
"Why are you so faicinated by this 'show'?" Lapis asked .
Peridot's eyes lit up.
"Because this show is so good! It seems kinda dumb at first, but you get to liking it." Peridot smiled.
"Wanna watch with me?" Peridot added shyly, wincing at the unavoidable rejection.
"...Yes." Lapis replied, sitting next to peridot.
The short gem stared in awe at the girl beside her.
"Really?!" Peridot squeaked, surprised.
"Ya. I'm curious to see why you find it so facinating." The Bluenett responded.
"Um.. okay. Do you want to start from the beginning? " Peridot asked, tilting her head.
"Sure." Lapis mumbled, unenthusiastic of the situation.
Peridot got off the couch and made her way over to the TV.
She popped out the black, rectangular box and inserted a different one.
The short girl sat back on the couch, as far from the other girl as possible.
Lapis jumped when the intro started, but soon relaxed a bit when it quieted down some.
"What are they doing? Is that some sort of earth ritual?" Lapis frowned.
"Steven calls it 'kissing'. It is apparently a way of showing affection." Peridot shrugged.
"Hmm. Intriguing. " the Bluenett pursed her lips, deep in thought.
The short blonde glanced at her, breaking into laughter.
Lapis gave her a confused look,
"What?"
"Nothing, just that face you were making was pretty cute." The green gem said, propping her self up on an elbow, her head resting in her hand.
Lapis stared at her, blushing a bit.
''Cute'? Me? What da Fuck..' the Bluenett thought.
Lapis returned her gaze to the television, still blushing.
They watched the show for a while, before lapis realized peridot was asleep.
"Lapis, don't smile, don't smile, don't do it.." the Bluenett muttered to herself.
But in the end, she lost a hold of her usual frown and smiled happily at the sight of the sleeping peridot.
"She looks like a kitty.. acts like a kitty too." Lapis smirked, poking the blonde's cheek.
Peridot groaned a bit, curling into a ball.
"Dats pretty cute.." Lapis admitted to herself.
The blue gem stood up from the couch and stretched.
She walked over to the TV ,turning it off before heading back to the couch.
Peridot was snoring a bit, drooling.
Lapis let out a small laugh, laying down, putting her feet on the back of the couch.
After a short period of time, the Bluenett was asleep also.

Lapis pov

I opened my eyes.
Fuck, it's dark in here. I can't see anything.
I scooted off the couch, slowly making my way to the door.
I opened it, letting a bit more light in.
It was dark outside, so it wasn't much light, but it was enough to make out where things were.
Peridot hadn't moved much, but was starting to stir.
"Wha- what?" The blonde muttered, looking around, sleepily rubbing her eyes.
After a moment, she stood up and stretched, running a hand through messy blonde hair.
"How long was I asleep?" She yawned.
"I dunno." I shrugged, for some reason feeling no dislike or hatred towards the smaller girl at the moment.
"Where you asleep too?" She asked, walking to stand next to me.
She still looked really tired, and for some odd reason.. adorable.
She also didn't seem as nervous or distant as she normally was around me.
"Ya." I finnaly replied.
"Mhh..is it dark outside? " She frowned.
"Ya." I sighed.
"Okay." She muttered, yawning again before heading back over to the couch.
"I'm gonna go back to sleep." She said, laying on her side, curled up like a kitten.
"Kay." I smiled, enjoying the small girl's action.
I walked over and layed on the couch, beside her.
She opened an eye as I put my feet on the back of the couch ,once again.
"Night.."I murmured, closing my eyes.
"Night." She replied .
I opened one eye, taking in peridot's apearence.
She's so very cute...
A small, happy sigh escaped my lips, making me blush.
I closed my eyes, hoping the dusting of blush would go away if I stopped looking at the short girl.
Why must she be so utterly adorable..
I cleared my mind, growing tired.
And soon I drifted off to sleep.