cinnamon glazed

"Aw, guys, look." 

Maxinne doesn't have to open her eyes to know that it's Calum talking, and she immediately wishes she wasn't awake. She's not really mad about what he'd been saying and how he'd been acting, she just doesn't want to be woken up in general.

Then she feels Michael's chest vibrate as he chuckles and remembers that she fell asleep in his arms and, oh, that's what Calum wants everyone to look at. Maxinne lifts her head and peers up at Michael to see him very much awake, and very okay with holding Maxinne in front of their friends.

Well, if he's fine with it, then Maxinne'll be fine with it too. Even if Rena is wiggling her eyebrows at her at a ridiculously fast pace. 

"When did you guys get so close?" Luke asks, smirking and copying Rena's obnoxious expression. Maxinne can't really answer that, considering the fact that her and Michael aren't close. They're just both aware of how attractive the other is, and like cuddling. Maxinne also finds Michael's sense of humor to be compatible with hers, but other than that, she doesn't really know Michael.

Thankfully, Michael shrugs, and that lets Maxinne know that they're probably on the same page. "We're not. I just like what I like." He says, accenting his statement by animatedly taking his lower lip between his teeth and pulling Maxinne against him. 

The others laugh, Maxinne included. She's glad that he isn't reading too much into whatever they have going on. She'll probably see about letting something develop from this once the six of them aren't trapped in a building. 

Speaking of, the morning sunlight is sneaking through the spaces in the shutters and dimly lighting up the room. Someone has to be on their way to work by now. The storm was only meant to be bad during the night, which is when they'd all gotten to the shop. Meaning, now people should be bustling about, shoveling snow and opening their stores.

All of their phones died while they were asleep, but the clock above the register shows that it's nearing eight in the morning. 

Maxinne sits up a bit, wincing when her side rings with pain from sleeping on the floor. She really should have slept in the booth. She looks around at her friends, sort of wondering why they were all just sitting there. 

"Guys, shouldn't we be doing something?" She raises a brow, glancing up at Michael.

Calum scrunches up his face in thought before bringing his attention to the brown girl. "Like what? The shop opens in ten minutes." He says, nodding at the clock. 

Ashton groans, startling the rest of them since his groan was louder than the volume they'd been talking at. He drops his head onto the table and mumbles something that makes Luke ask him to repeat himself. "The shop's not opening again until tomorrow. They're on holiday." 

Maxinne gets uncomfortable in the blink of an eye, straightening and forgetting about the ache in her back. 

"What, are you serious?" Calum nearly yells, swinging a leg off of the booth. Maxinne closes her eyes and briefly wishes that when she opens them that she'll be in bed at home. She opens them, and nope, she still sees the display case and the tip jar on the counter. 

"So, we have to stay here for a whole day?" Rena asks, frowning because she already knows the answer. Ashton wordlessly nods, leaning back in his seat and staring at the ceiling. 

Maxinne was okay with spending a night on the ground, because then she thought she'd be going home afterwards. Now the prospect of being anywhere but in her own house sounds painfully horrible. 

She can't do anything about it, though, so she won't lay around and mope—no matter how good the idea sounds. She'll just try and go about her day like she normally would. Right now she'd probably be making herself some breakfast, so she guesses that's what she'll do.

"Alright," Maxinne starts, pushing herself to her feet. She attracts everyone's gaze and takes advantage of it. "How about we go try and find something to eat?" 

Rena's naturally the first to agree, sliding out of a booth and joining her friend. Michael sighs, but does the same, with the other three boys following suit. Luke takes the lead on their way behind the counter and glances around the shop, as if someone else was in there. 

Once the boy feels confident enough, he opens the glass and picks out a donut for himself. Ashton also reaches in and takes one, offering Rena his, then shrugging and taking a bite of the treat. Maxinne would rather have something hot—also, she was sure that they were supposed to throw out the donuts that they don't sell at the end of the work day—to eat. 

"Don't they have eggs in the back?" Michael asks, turning towards the door. They should, considering this is a bakery, and the idea of a scramble makes Maxinne's stomach growl. 

"Ah, yes, let's go." Rena pushes him through the door, trying to pass him and keep him walking at the same time. Maxinne shakes her head with a fond smile as she goes in after them. 

It would have been pitch black dark had it not been for the small window providing some light. It dawns on Maxinne that the power was still switched off. Michael seems to realize the same thing at the same time.

"Wait, how are we gonna cook anything when nothing's on?" He stops walking about spins on his heels to face the girls. 

"I found the electrical box!" Ashton shouts, somehow very on topic for someone who wasn't even in the room. Granted, Maxinne thinks she saw it on the wall near the display case, so it wasn't like Ashton had to do more than move his head to his right.

They all rush to crowd around Ashton as he stares at the wires and buttons. He focuses on the colors and patterns, but Maxinne is thinking that this makes as much sense to him as it does to the rest of them. 

Raising a finger to one of the buttons, Ashton narrows his eyes. "Okay, so I think if I press this one everything should come back on."

"Why not that one?" Luke asks, pointing at the button next to Ashton's. It looks exactly the same, Maxinne notices. Ashton presses his lips together and smacks Luke's hand away, then waves his finger at the button Luke spoke about.

"That one's too close to all the red wires, so that can't be it." Ashton explains, which, Maxinne isn't too sure how much logic went into that answer.

Luke furrows his brows and goes to pick out another button, resulting in Ashton and him getting into a back and forth. Maxinne rolls her eyes at the two of them, backing away from the box. Rena catches her stare and knowingly shakes her head. Boys.

"Guys?" Calum tries to get everyone's attention, but ends up getting everyone's except for the babbling idiots. The tan boy sucks his teeth and flips a switch, bringing the room to life. 

There's a distant whir of other machines turning on, harmonizing with the hum of the overhead lights. Ashton and Luke blink and gape at the switch. Calum gives them a deadpan face, walking into the back without sparing them another look. Maxinne, Michael, and Rena fall into line, trailing Calum into the kitchen, Rena smirking at her boyfriend and Maxinne sticking her tongue out at the pair.

She isn't sure how, but they manage to cook a mediocre breakfast for all of them, complete with scrambled eggs and whatever concoction the boys made with the other ingredients they'd found in the cupboards.

As they squeeze into a booth and joke with each other over their food, Maxinne thinks that though these aren't the best circumstances, this is certainly one of her favorite mornings.

A/N: yo yo yo so anyway i love how cute this fic is omg anway again if you liked this then vote i guess and i guess you could also comment 

(oh gosh that on fleek commercial just came on on spotify i hate it oml)

ily xoxo