Part 15: The Opposition

Yasmine had been lead to this place by the head of the Skry covert office. So secretive was this branch of the Skry government this man, who Yasmine had once worked for, was only known as The Head. She didn’t think much of the Skry man, in fact she would to as far as to say she actively disliked him, but she needed to call in some very old favors in order to set up this meeting. 

She saw this coming, through means that she didn’t dare tell anyone about. She knew Soran would leave, rampaging through the world until he had answers about his wife. She also knew that without Kisa or Soran’s advice on civil and political problems, the military mind of Commander Raine would force her into one situation - marshall law. It’s not that Raine wasn’t capable, but her extreme and intensive training would always overpower her psyche. Her experience, after all, was down to her inherent Genetic Memory.

So she now waited in a small and innocuous room in one of the civil zones in the central spire of Eresmai - an area usually off limits to those not part of the government. As she took a seat in he small windowless room the door opened, revealing the dark skinned Skry man she had been waiting for. He was wearing a long black robe over a white open necked shirt and fitted black trousers that were synonymous with the smart but traditional dress code of the Skry government. The shirt was a little more tight than she expected, hugging the tight muscles of a man who clearly thinks highly of physical fitness as well as mental prowess. His head was shaved as well as his facial hair, but there was slight regrowth on both counts. He took the black rimmed glasses off his face as he saw Yasmine and gave her a wide grin, showing his gleaming white teeth.

“Yasmin!” He said in a surprised tone. “Now you know you shouldn’t be here!”

“I know, Praetor Faraa - but I just needed to see you urgently” The man shook his head.

“I’ve always got time for you, Yasmine. And please, call me Laurent”.