then you lit the wrong end of your cigarette

*tyler's pov*

after melanie left to go and catch up on lessons in the library with jenna, i decided to go back to my room. maybe brendon would be back by now, but there was never any predicting his next move. once he came stumbling into the room at 4pm, completely drunk, and unaware of what was happening. i just hoped today wasn't going to be like that day.

as i strolled up to the door, everything was still quiet. i gently unlocked the door, then pushed it open. my eyes quickly landed upon brendon, laid in his bed, making it obvious i'd woken him by coming in. a smile tugged at my face as he pulled the covers over his head, making a weird grunting noise. "hi to you too." i said smirking, closing the door behind me and walking over to the kitchen part of the small flat. "piss off." brendon grunted. "rough night?" i asked, amused with his attitude. he didn't reply, only turned to face the wall.

i grabbed a glass from the cupboard, filled it with water, then walked over to brendon's bed. i carefully put the glass down on his bedside table, then sat down on the edge of his bed.
i was used to this by now, it had become a routine. i ran my hand through brendon's hair as he attempted to swat my hand away. "what's got you in such a bad mood?" i asked, moving my hand away, grabbing his glass of water and taking a drink. brendon stayed quiet for a few seconds. "i met a guy called dallon." he mumbled.

i spat out my water all over him.

"DUDE!" he exclaimed, immediately sitting up.  "it's not that bad!" he grunted, a smile beginning to show on his face. brendon never talked about anybody he hooked up with, never mind remembered their name the next morning. i smiled before speaking, "like, somebody serious? not just a one night stand?"  he took the water away from me and took a drink himself. "i don't know, ty. there's just something different about him." i smiled, "well, i hope it works out for you, bren." i said as i got up, and walked over to the door, deciding to go for a walk to the woods. "thanks, ty." brendon said before ducking back under the covers, and rolling towards the wall. "im going out. call me if you need me." i heard a grunt in reply, then opened the door. "bye." he i said, stepping out of the door and closing it without looking in front of me.
suddenly, i was knocked off my feet.

[[ josh is taller than tyler in this story :) ]]

"woah." i said, opening my eyes, to find myself being held close to the floor by a somebody; who was obviously the guy that just hurtled into me. when i looked up to take in this person's appearance, butterflies started multiplying in my stomach. no, not butterflies, moths. my stomach was an old scarf and it was filled with moths. "ditto." mumbled the smiling stranger, who was quite obviously staring at me too. he began to laugh, causing me to laugh too.

i regained my balance, standing up straight and taking in his full appearance. he was at least 6 inches taller than me, although his black combat boots probably contributed to that. he was wearing black skinny jeans, slashed open at the knee, and a black, oversized tank top, showing off his muscles. his hair was died a soft blue, my favourite colour. i felt myself smiling.

"um, sorry for, you know, knocking you over." he said quietly, itching his arm. "don't worry about it." i said, glad i didn't stutter. "at least you caught me." i smirked. "yeah.." he muttered. it was obvious he didn't know what to say.

"im tyler." i chirped, smiling up at him. as soon as we made eye contact, i got lost in his dark chocolate eyes. they were beautiful, like him. i got snapped out of my thoughts when he spoke. "i'm joshua. wait, i mean josh! oh my gosh, only my parents call me joshua. how lame." he mumbled, with his hands over his face, grinning. i giggled. "cute." i whispered. "what?" he asked, taking his hands away from his face to look at me. "what?" i fired back, smirking. "oh, i thought you said something." he said, looking confused, but still grinning. "nope, you must be hearing things." i said confidently, smiling as i spoke. "well, i better get going to unpack. see you later, tyguy." he said, then took a step away. "tyguy?" i asked, raising an eyebrow. "your new nickname." he answered. "okay," i said, "see you around, jishwa." he chuckled before saying a final goodbye, then walking down the corridor.

i giggled, then walked back into my room. i turned to the very hung over, tired and grumpy brendon stood by the window with an unlit cigarette in his hand. "brendon, you won't believe what just happened." i said excitedly, rushing over to him. "spill it, tyjo" he said with his eyes half closed and a crooked smile.
then he lit the wrong end of his cigarette.

life couldn't be better.