Monday

Grey skies, blankets of cloud. Well after sunrise, yet darkness remained. Rain began to drip, dripping all around.

Wet concrete, oceans of water. Walking through the muddy grass. Puddles covering the path. Splash, splashing as you walk past.

It's drowsy and cold standing in the downpour. Waiting for the flashing lights and screeching breaks.

Finally it comes. The bus stops and you all climb on. Crowded, wet, and cold is the bus.

Pulling into the prison like school doesn't improve the gloomy mood. The rain doesn't let up and your soaked by the time you reach the school. Kids drag their tired feet filling the halls with screeching squeaks.

The day only gets worse. Rain pours and pours until it floods. Thunder booms and booms until the building rumbles. Lighting flashes and flashes, the once dark sky lighting up for brief moments at a time.

Classes seem longer and longer. Rooms get colder and colder, darker and darker, until the lights completely go our. The bottom floor flooded. The heating and lights out. Classes stop, student gather in small rooms to keep warm.

The storm roars, not letting up, never letting up. Loud crashes and rumbles. Teachers gather in the halls to whisper among themselves.

Well after the final bell rings students are kept locked in their rooms. Boys in this hall, girls in that hall.

Your prison like school does indeed become your prison for the cold, stormy night.