Fighter

I wake up in an unfamiliar bed. I remember I am at Ross and Max's house. I get up and get dressed, including my creeper earmuffs and gamer jacket. I am in light jeans, with a pixelated tie dye purple top. I brush through my hair and teeth and all that stuff. I look fabulous. I might as well have a pink boa with this fabulousness! Luckily I didn't have homework yesterday. I walk out with all my stuff. Ross is already up and offers me a pop tart. I take it and stuff it in my mouth. I put my phone in my pocket, and say, "Now I go to school." Ross gets up. "In walking you to school. Less injuries that way." Well, either less, or five times as much. I can deal either way, and he, to my surprise, goes and gets a skateboard. It's pretty cool looking! "I have a skateboard by the way, so it won't really be 'walking' you to school" he says. "That's awesome." I say smiling as we walk out. We head off, and I see Astra on the corner. I wave to her and she waits for me, and speeds next to me when Ross and I reach her. "Who's the bodyguard?" She laughs. "This is Ross, my friend. I stayed at his place last night, and he feels obligated to take me to school." I explain grinning. She nods, and Ross waves. I roll my eyes at his goofy expression and we keep going until we get to the school. I chain up my scooter, as the jock from yesterday comes up to me. "Got a bodyguard, Teeny?" He laughs. I smile and reply, "Just a friend. Back off now, then, I would like to pass." He laughs again. "How about you just run back home on the loser scooter, and I'll leave your face where it is another day." He snickers at me. "How about you step aside, and I'll leave your dignity where it is another day." I snap back at him. Kids around us are stopping to look. He frowns. "Oh, a smart Alec?" "I thought I was Teeny." I grin. He swings at me and I duck. Ross is standing back, as I told him to unless I ask for his help. I block his punch and slap him in the face. He growls as he pushes me back into the bike rack and tries to hit me again. He partially hits my shoulder, and it stings but I'm okay. I block another hit and push him back. He glares at me. One of the three popular girls stares at us, her curly black hair standing on end, shocked that I still have a face. I chuckle as he runs at me like a bull, and I sidestep. He runs into the bike rack. "Now, I ask again. Let me pass." He growls again and hits me square in the forehead. I block his next hit with a splitting headache and push him back again. I'm still not strong! He tries to kick me and I jump over, kicking him in the stomach. He hits me in the side and I nearly fall over. Okay, I might need help soon. He swings and I duck, and he swings again and I block it with my arm. It burns, but at least it isn't my face. "You missed!" I spit the words at him. "That's still going to leave a mark." He argues and he swings again. He misses on his own and I push him back, and kick his ankle over. He falls to the ground, shocked. I kick his side and wave at Ross happily and he waves back worriedly as he leaves. Astra and I step over the loser jock who is too surprised to get back up. I actually did it. Wow. I high five Astra as we walk in grinning excitedly. "Nobody has ever done that before. Not a single person." She is clearly impressed. "Well I'm not just a single person!" I reply and she laughs. Suddenly I see the other two popular girls that had told the jock to fight me the first time. One of them, seemingly a leader, with blonde hair in a ribbon behind her, laughs, "Hey Teeny! How badly did you get beat up? How many times did he hit you in the face?" They giggle. "Is little Teeny trying to be optimistic? Such a funny little geek." The other says. Her blonde hair is shorter. "For your question, milady," I say milady sarcastically, "I was hit in the face ZERO times, and only hit at all around.. three?" They look shocked. The long haired one regains her composure. "Your turret has fallen, hun. He was on the floor last time I looked." I laugh. "Who's a wimp now, cheeries?!" I say. The shorter haired one with blue eyes goes to look out the door to see if he's actually down. "She's lying, Chloe. You know she is." Chloe looks back at us. "I just want to make sure. Just for laughs." She says. She actually believes it, I think. The girl looks dissatisfied. "Chloe." She demands. "I'll only be a sec, Tay." She says. Taylor, I think. "So, prissy, if you think you can just push me around wherever you want, just because I'm small, you are dumber than you look, and I'm not even sure that that's possible, because you look really dumb." I snap at her. Chloe returns shocked. "She wasn't lying! Russell is getting up, and he looks scraped up and angry.." Taylors face goes to shock. "Go get Hannah. We'll have to beat this one up ourselves!" Chloe nods and runs out to get Hannah. I laugh. "If a jock can't get me, why do you think you can?" Astra steps back a bit. "Come on Mary. Lets leave." I shake my head. "Nonsense, she'll just follow us. Might as well fight it here." Astra looks hesitant to stay. Chloe walks in with the girl with black curly hair. They are all wearing slight heels, and I think they're the girls who sent the jock after me. Taylor looks like she's about to hit me. I ready myself, and Chloe comes up and turns to her, "Come on Tay, we can get her somehow else. Pops don't fall down, you told me that." Taylors face is red. "Then I won't fall down." She says and she swings for me. I block her with my arm and now both of my arms sting, the other one much more. I kick her ankle and she almost falls, caught by Hannah. "Your welcome, Tay." She says as Taylor straightens up and the three walk away in a huff. "Dang, girl! You almost got Taylor to hit you! You almost knocked her over!" Astra is astounded. I laugh as we go to our lockers.