A Sudden Change

Do you guys remember the SPD episode where some people thought Hellbent was too obnoxious to Melissa? I have found a solution through fan-fic! (This is not a Hellbent X Melissa) 

Melissa's POV

'Ugh, Dolan why do you write such weird scripts?' I thought as I looked through it. I was going over it one more time before Dolan and I recorded the next SPD episode. This had to be the weirdest on he's ever written. I glanced at my watch. I had to be at the studio in 10 minutes. 'I'll go over it on my way,' I thought as I grabbed my script and left my office. But as I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings, a door slammed in my face. I fell to the ground with a loud thud, somehow still holding my script. "OWW!" I cried, putting a wing on my head. I could feel a bump form, and it felt pretty big. 

"Oh my god!! Melissa! I.....I'm so sorry! Are......are you okay?!" I heard someone ask. I looked up to see Hellbent standing near me, with a look of concern on his face. 

"Besides the fact that I'm probably gonna be late for recording, and I have a bruise on my head, I'm just fine!" I sarcastically said. Hellbent knelt down next to me.

"I'm sorry! I....I didn't know you were near my office!" He apologized again. It was odd. I've never seen him be......empathetic before. 

"Can you tell me how bad it looks?" I asked him. Hellbent nodded, and I removed my wing. His eyes widened. He gasped and put his hands over his mouth. "It's really bad, isn't it?" I mumbled. Hellbent looked down to the floor. 

"I'm such an idiot. I'm such an idiot!" He began to whisper. "I'm sorry Melissa," he apologized again. I sighed.

"There's no way I'll be able to fix this before the recording!" I said, looking at my watch. 4 minutes until it began. Hellbent slowly began to look back up at me.

"It...it might not be fixed be...before the show, but you can patch it up," Hellbent suggested. "There's ice, paper towels, and tape in the lounge. You can tape some ice on your injury before you go." I tilted my head. 

"I'll look weird with ice taped to my head," I replied.

"M..maybe you c..can find a way to make a joke out of it? Make it seem like part of the show?" Hellbent said. I was a little surprised. That actually sounded like a good idea. 

"Yeah, yeah that could work! But wait," I paused, "I'll be even more late than I am now." Hellbent immediately proceeded to reach into his coat, pulling out his phone. 

"I can distract Dolan over the phone. I don't....wanna say it out loud.....but he's not the smartest person..." He said. I was now more confused. Since when does Hellbent NOT wanna say something rude? But I shrugged it off and smiled. 

"Thanks Bent!" I said, getting up from the floor. He slightly smiled and nodded. I began to head over to the lounge, where I saw the cooler filled with ice cubes. I put some in a paper towel, rolled it up, and taped it on my injury. "Perfect," I whispered. I then flew over to the studio, making sure not to ram into any more doors. Once I finally got there, I was 8 minutes late. Luckily, Dolan was on his phone.

"Hellbent, kittens and puppies will never learn to get along! I found this out with Daygup and Shima," he said into his phone. Dolan glanced over to me, and smiled. "Okay Bent, I gotta go. Melissa and I need to do the show now." He then hung up the phone. "Hey Melissa, sorry 'bout the delay. I started to record the first line, when all of a sudden Hellbent calls me up about kittens and puppies! It was weird," Dolan explained. 

'Dolan doesn't know I'm late! It worked!' I thought. I went to my position and began my intro. "Hey everyone! My name is Melissa! I'll be reading out th-"

"Uhh, Melissa?" Dolan interrupted. "Why is there ice taped to your head?" I froze, trying to think of something to say. I've never been that great with puns. But now I had to. 

"Because......because the viewers think I'm so hot." I thought it was lame, but Dolan began to laugh. 

"Good one Melissa! Anyway, I'm Danger Dolan, and I'm here to blow your mind with TRUTH!" I smiled and did the rest of the show. But throughout it though, I was wondering why Hellbnt was actually being nice to me. Was it because he had a change of heart, or is he sick, or something else? But whatever reason it was, I'm glad it happened.