1.19 Dresses and Promises

The night before had been the worst, since entering Beacon Hills; it seemed like everything had just been building up when it decided to explode. Derek had gone missing again but she could feel it; he was being tortured and electrocuted. Every zap sent a pulsing shiver down her spine and the worst had her nearly seizing on the floor. She had to find him and stop whatever was going on before it was too late and the whole town knew about them. Scott was missing as well, Peter suggested it was probably with the druid but she was unable to go check up on him. Peter had already hear that she went to see Stiles the other night...

"I thought I told you to stick with the girls?" Peter asked lowly circling the brunette as she stood in the middle of the forest outside the Hale house. Her eyes remained on him as he walked past in front of her.

"I was watching them. Can't really stick around when Allison decides she wants to have a personal moment with Scott." She explained; her heart remaining perfectly stable. Peter chuckled; she was trying to keep herself calm and that exposed her guilt.

"I want you too remain with the girls and only leave them when I tell you to, alright?" Miya never responded, so he stepped closer so that they now stood face to face. "Alright?" She gave him a brief nod.

"What about Scott?" She asked glancing at the alpha that now ascended the steps to the house.

"I will handle him. So don't worry your pretty little head about it." He smiled tucking a finger under her chin. Jutting away from his grip, she walked back into the forest with one thought in her head; She had to find Derek before whoever had kidnapped him killed him.

So hear she was at Beacon Hills High School walking around and talking with Allison and Lydia as if nothing had happened the night before. The girls knew something was off though, she had a slight glow to her yet it seemed like a lot was on her mind. After weeks of knowing her though they knew what she was like; which meant she would either open up to them eventually or she would open up to someone else.

"So Jackson's taking you and some random lacrosse guy has asked you?" The brunette confirmed pointing to the two girls as they situated on either side of her.

"Exactly, now who are you going with?"

"I'm not sure I'm even going." Miya sighed continuing down the hall as the girls stopped at what had dropped from Miya's mouth.

"What do you mean you're not sure?" Lydia screeched, racing up behind the brunette. "Why wouldn't you be going?"

"The foster system is trying to bring me in as Derek is wanted throughout the state." Miya sighed coming up with some sort of lie to draw the girls off her tail. Honestly, she didn't believe Peter was going to actually let her go, let alone spend the last few moments she had left in Beacon Hills with her friends.

Allison's smile dropped as she placed her arm over the shorter brunettes shoulders. Lydia however stood shocked; this girl that they had grown to love since her arrival had just dropped what felt like the biggest bomb of the decade on them.

She didn't know how to express the feelings she had building up inside her. She had a plan that they would all get to go to the formal together and have fun, with a formal photo at the end for memories sake. But the idea was slowly diminishing.

Shaking her head though Lydia linked her arms with the brunette; "Well I don't care what they say, think or do; but we are going to the Winter Formal and we are all going to have the night of our lives."

With that Lydia stormed out the front towards the car park, where she practically threw Miya into Allison's car.

~