Chapter three

Kat's pov

I whipped around to see my mom falling backwards with a dagger in her abdomen. I stood there frozen in shock beside Clint while the other demons just guffawed stupidly. That's when my shock turned to anger. I charged them with my one eye a deep onyx black and the other glacier water blue. they had an "ohcrap" face and started to arm themselves. They were fast but I was faster. I used my powers to quickly exorcise them. Then my attention turned to my mom, her breathing was short and shallow. I tried to heal her but she pushed me away. She got a sad look from in her eyes. "No, my time is up anyway" and that's when i heard it... Hellhounds.
She looked at me hurriedly "Kat listen. Live your life with no regrets" I nodded my head understandingly with tears streaking down my face. I then felt her take her last breath and the hounds drawing nearer.

With a new sense of determination I zapped my mothers body to the box in my truck. I turned to look at Clint and spoke one simple word. "Run" he seemed to fully understand what I meant because we both started to sprint to my truck. We climbed in and sped off in a random direction. We didn't talk until I was sure we weren't being followed. I introduce myself and explain to him all about hunting. He simply sat there in silence trying to comprehend what was going on. Although I couldn't blame him, I had basically dropped a bombshell on the guy. 

When he had fully explained about his life he thanked me and gave me my nickname. He proceeded to inform me he had to get back to headquarters and left. The next day I give my mother a proper Hunter's funeral and headed to the Marine recruiting building. The next five years were of my life were spent going on tour and living on base. That's when a group of idiotic demons decided to try taking over America. So I was kind of forced back into hunting world. That's when I bumped into Taylor. For the last year we've been hunting them to"~again I was  interrupted by Iron Man "OK but I still don't get what happened to me! I was me but I wasn't me at the same time"  (Tony Stark himself had recently been possessed and in that state, running a  giant demon army bent on destroying the human race. Luckily, Taylor and I had caught him and killed the demon inside him. This slowed down the demons. For now.)

I rolled my eyes.
"First of all I was getting to that, second of all if you were possessed by a demon! Kinda obvious" I muttered "If you were listening you would've known that."  "I- I was he stuttered" I feel violated." Once again I rolled my eyes and muttered "you're welcome" sarcastically. I turned to face Taylor "your turn" I said with an apologetic smile, knowing if the avengers thought I was crazy, my life story was just scratching the surface. She started to talk and I pretended I was listening but I couldn't get my thoughts off a cute guy with white and brown hair,  beautiful ocean blue eyes and an amazing accent. His smirk told me that I'd been staring at him for a couple minutes.

                                      oops...