Chapter 7

Cole, John, Klein and I were all stood outside Principal Jones' office. It was a tense atmosphere even though we knew what was going to happen. We all knew why we were stood here; we all knew that we were going to see my dad and the principal. Of course, no one else knew, so it was a bit of a mystery and of course, it would be talked about. Although, I'm a little confused as to why Klein was here. He didn't know what was said yesterday, except from when John told him.

We all went in one by one; Klein was first, followed by John, then Cole and then me. I always had to be last didn't I? Damn stupid arrangement. Of course, it's probably my dad that has asked for that arrangement, but did I have to be last? It was awkward whenever one of them came out and then went back to class. I was left alone.

When I walked in the Principal's office, my dad, Principal Jones and Miss Lancaster were all sat there. This was embarrassing.

"I'm pretty sure you know why you're here Abigail. So I'm not going to lecture you. All I need is your rendition of events and then you're clear to go."

"Ok," I gulped. "Well, yesterday, in third and fourth period, Miss Lancaster decided it was time to give everyone an insight of the history of my family. Of course, they were fabricated lies. My gran deserves to live at the palace for as long as she likes, my dad can remain King for as long as he likes. Just because he was married into the job, doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be there. You don't know my Uncle Louis, he hasn't been in the media for years, and as to why he hasn't is a personal issue," I spoke, as I looked Miss Lancaster right in the eye. "And as for saying that my mum is in hiding. You have that wrong. My mother died of terminal cancer three years ago. I held on to her hand as she took her last breath. I kissed her goodbye. I grieved along with everyone else, the day the news was released. I'm still grieving now, three years later. You know nothing of my family, or of what we've gone through. You think you're superior above everyone else, you think you know the history of the world, of my family. But you know nothing. You think that by creating fickle lies, you'll be accepted for something. You think that you'll become famous, but you know something, you won't. All you'll really be sustainable for is a lifetime in the prison cells," I then raged.

"Abigail, go now," My dad said sternly.

I know my dad has my best interests at heart, and I know I probably took it a bit too far in there, but she disrespected my mum. I can't just sit back and do nothing.

I walked out Principal Jones' office and went and sat outside. It was autumn and in the middle of October but I just didn't care at this moment in time. I just literally lost the head with my history teacher because she disrespected my mum. Not your average Princess, am I?

"You know, you should be in class Princess Abigail," Lauren's voice rung out.

"And so should you," I responded nastily. Probably shouldn't have done that, but oh well.

"I was at the toilet and got lost."

"Well, I was with the head teacher, so there you go," I said, rolling my eyes.

Lauren hasn't done anything wrong; I just don't want or need company right now. I just need to wrap my head around a few things. I need to know what Cole, John and Klein said. It just hurts too much to even comprehend because she was my mum and to have someone be disrespectful to her, annoys me.

"Sorry. Do you the way back to maths?"

"Up the left hand staircase and the first door on your left," I stated nonchalantly.

"Thanks," She chirped. I just rolled my eyes.

Lauren walked off leaving me to my thoughts. I was thankful she'd left me because I just didn't want her near me. My mum always told me that you have to wary of new people because they can have bad intentions but also good intentions. It was a bit of a mixed statement but I knew the true message in it. I understood that you had to watch what was going on because one little slip of the tongue and your life could be in the toilet. So many headlines about that one thing and it twisted so many times.