Chapter 2

Amshula

When I open my eyes everything is a blur, I must have passed out. But where am I? I look around the room, but I can hardly see anything. There are people surrounding me. But not just any people, they're wearing raggedy old clothes and looked like rag dolls. On the left side of their shirt there is a name, I think. It too blurred to read from here. They're looking at me like I'm an alien. There are about twenty or so people here. I sat up, and look up over the other people. I see gray walls...there is a single door and a mailbox looking thing next to it. I hop of the bed and walk over to the door. As I walk towards it I glanced at a girl sitting in the corner.

"It's locked" she mumbles.

I tried it. Like she had said, it is lock. I walk towards her and sit down beside her. She is now sitting with her knees pushed up against her head with her arms around her legs. I point to the mailbox looking thingy.

"What's that for?" I ask.

She looks up. "It is for our meals. They hand them through there when it's time to eat. It's called a meal dispatcher. You are now one of us." She says.

"Well what are you guys?"

"We are slaves. When they need us they let us out. Otherwise we are always cooped up in here." She replies.

Oh heck no. I had to find a way out. Before I could get that thought running through my head, the door of the cell burst open.

"The new slave is required to come to the leader's office!"

I figure it had to be me since no one else made any move to get up. I stood up and stiffly walked towards the guard. I had a feeling he would probably kick me or something but he just mumbles "Follow me." and starts walking. He grunted a few times along the way as I annoy him with my questions. How long had I been laying there? Why am I here? Where are we?

When we finally reach the leader's office he pushes me inside and slams the door behind me. I remember the leader in front of me had hurt me before. Now I want to hurt him again as I did before. But I don't get the chance to because someone picks me up and carries me to a seat. He then sat down on his own chair. I look up and there he is towering over me. The leader of my enemies is staring at me with anger in his eyes.

"You will be my new slave! You will follow my every order. Do you understand me?" he growls.

I didn't move.

"I said do you understand me!" he shouts.

Ok now he's getting on my nerves. "No! I am princess Amshula and I will not be treated this way! I refuse to follow any of your commands and I want to be set free!"

Just then a guard spoke up that I had fought off earlier. He copies my remark from earlier that day, or was it yesterday? I have no idea.

"Well guess what? We don't care." He sneers.

I grunt, roll my eyes, and turned back around in my seat. I am sent back to the cell. I stubbornly stomp back to the cell. The little girl that I had talked to earlier was gone. I doze off and awoke to an alarming noise.

"Get up you useless fools, on your feet!" A mean looking man yells.

"I'm not going anywhere." I reply.

The others stare at me in surprise.

"What do you just say?"

"I refuse to do work for you filthy scoundrels. Can't you see my dress it dirty enough as it is?" Not that I really care about the dress. I just didn't like being ordered. In fact, why am I even wearing one? I should have changed into my pants.

"Well then, why don't I teach you a lesson?"

He comes towards me with his whip. I quickly look around the cell. Beams hold the structure into place. I shout to the rest of the slaves to leave. When they're gone I begin to climb. He yells at me and cracks his whip. I threw my dagger at the dirt wall. The north part of the cell began to collapse. Suddenly a huge boulder rolls down. Sealing the evil mans fate. Great now all I have to do is get out of here. I slide past the boulder and into the field with the other slaves. I'm glad they would not find out I did it.

"What in the world did you do in there?" The girl from earlier asks me.

"Just made sure he would never tell." I shrug.

"You mean.....you killed him?"

"Cut me some slack, I threw my dagger at the wall and a boulder came down."

"How do you have a dagger? Don't they strip you of your weapons?"

"They didn't really think I had anything because they think ladies like me don't carry weapons. Don't worry I won't get caught."

"How many do you have?"

"Never counted them, I just put them where ever I can hide them."

"WOW!"

"Quiet, this field has ears!"

"Sorry didn't mean to give away your secret."

"No problem, let's get working, but they're not gonna but one whip on my back."

She looks at me curiously, but I just wink. She seems to understand because she nods and continues to work. I hear a whip and close to me and fling out my arm. The whip breaks and I continue to work like nothing happened. Out of the corner of my eye I see him staring at his whip, dumb folded. We move on to the next row as if we were not aware that his whip had just been broken.

I hear him grunt angrily and go towards the shed, probably to get a new whip. Laughing silently we slip into yet another row, going farther and farther away from the man. This process is repeated at least 5 times, every time it gets funnier. Each slave driver looked as dumb as a doorknob. We walk away as if what had just happened was unknown to us. Finally someone called all slaves to the cell. They had found out about the cave in.

"Who here knows anything about this?" The slave driver shouts angrily.

"We know nothing master," says a boy about my age.

The whip crack and he tries to duck. Yet it hit him hard. The whip cracks again but this time fell, broken, like the rest. I had thrown my boomerang blade at it. It took years to master it because of how fast it flies through the air. Apparently he's stupid too because he didn't take a second glace to see if anyone looked guilty. We are taken to another cell even smaller than before. After getting our food for the evening we went to bed.