Chapter 13

Dom's POV

(Dom and Stef's bedroom)

*Stef scream's*

"It's almost out, just hold on babe." I say trying to calm Stef as Kate tries for the third time to remove the claw from the deep hole on her side.

A stray tear rolls down her rose red cheek. As gentle as possible I wipe it aside and stroke her long, beautiful, black hair.

"One last pull, and it will be out." Kate says never lifting her eyes from her work.

"On three."

Stef squeezes her eyes shut.

Seeing her in this much pain is literally tearing me and jay apart, but I know that we have to be strong for our mates.

"One..." Kate begins the count.

Stef bites down on her hand.

"Two..."

I can't take the suspense, I can feel the stress building up in my shoulders.

"Just pull the damn thing out already!" My patients explodes into a million tiny pieces, and falls, unseen, onto the bed.

Kate doesn't bother to question my self destruction.

"Three." Yet she still finishes the count then yanks the claw from its recent position.

Stef winces but doesn't scream in pain.

"It's out, now all we have to do is serialize the wound the patch it up."

Stef is about to release her hand from her mouth when Kate stops her and says...

" You might want to keep that in there."

Stef does as told.

Kate pulls out a big bottle of alcohol, medical alcohol that is, and opens the top.

"This is going to sting, but only for a few seconds." God I wish she would just get to it, this is why I couldn't be a doctor. I'm to impatient.

With out a cotton ball or towel she tips the liquid over, releasing it from the bottle and onto Stef's exposed skin.

Stef's back arches off the bed and shakes as the stinging subsides.

"There we go, all done love." I coax while stroking her hair again.

A bandage is place over the wound.

"Now, since it's late you don't need to change the bandage tonight, but some time tomorrow and after every three hours you will need to change the bandage until the bleeding stops." Kate instructs packing up her tools.

"Ok, thanks Kate." It's only right that I thank her, I mean I did snap at her just a few minutes ago, and she sort of saved my mate.

Stef manages a 'thank you' before Kate leaves the room.

"This won't affect my heat tomorrow, right?" She asks between a small yawn.

"Hopefully not." I stand up from the bed.

I send a quick text to my father saying...

She needs to get some rest, call me in the morning with details.

"You need to get some rest." I state as I remove my shirt an pants.

She watches my every movement from the light switch then to the other side if the bed.

I climb in and lightly tug her by her thighs to my chest.

"What did you do to that guy?"she asks.