There's nothing like shopping to remodel yourself.

Another short, little chapter. Enjoy~

***

Chapter Two

Three-oh-five sharp, the bell rang. Finally, the weekends. Now usually, I would've spent tonight alone at home sipping green tea and watching reruns of nature documentaries....

Okay, so I'm kidding. Even I'm not THAT bad. 

In reality, Friday night for me meant curled up in bed with a good book, hot chocolate and junk food.  Today, however, I seriously doubted that was going to happen.

The first thing I saw as I walked outside the school building was Mia standing in front of a shiny red Porsche. My heart dropped. Oh no...

The only person that would ever drive a flashy car like that in our high school was Sarah, Mia's 'thing that rhymes with witchy' best friend. Seriously intolerable person, and just insulted me a few hours ago. Why, oh why did Mia bring her along?

I walked hesitantly over to them but Mia was beckoning me impatiently.

"Hurry up slowpoke! We'd actually like to get to the mall before midnight." Mia called.I picked up my pace, but was still very hesitant to get anywhere near Sarah. 

Once I was close enough, Mia dragged me through the open back door and plonked me down on the seat behind Sarah's. Sarah was staring at me through the rear view mirror. She looked perfect, as usual, but I couldn't see her expression through those sunglasses she wore. It seemed to be neutral. I hoped that was a good thing.

"And we've got our hostage, let's go go go!" Mia joked to try and clear the tension but clearly none of us found it funny. Mia doesn't joke. One reason was because she's terrible at it (as demonstrated above), the second was because according to her, girls like her never joked. So there could only be two reasons why she would go to such extreme measures.

A) The 'neutral' look Sarah is giving actually means she hates my presence.

or 

B) Mia's trying her hardest to make me feel comfortable cause she likes my presence.

I seriously hope it's the latter. But even if it was the former, there wasn't much I could do about it, right? If she hates me, she hates me. I could say the feeling's mutual.

The rest of the car trip was silent. I just stared out the window and tried to pretend that I was oblivious to Sarah's glances at me. When we did get to the car park, I heard my sister breathe out a quiet sigh of relief. Turning around to look at her, she only gave me her usual smile. Maybe I had just imagined it?

Mia addressed me as we got out of the car. "Sarah and I have booked an appointment for you at a salon nearby at seven. So.." she glanced at her watch, "We have around three and a half hours to get you clothes and accessories and makeup, and just generally a LOT of stuff." 

She gave Sarah a knowing glance, and Sarah returned it. Something simple like that made me feel left out, like I never really knew everything between them, and I probably never will. 

"We're finding you makeup first. Get the easy stuff out of the way." Mia said, and Sarah nodded. 

And with that, we started our massive (but I didn't know that yet) shopping spree. Mia dragged me from store to store, swiping everything possible onto my face. Then removing it all. Then repeating it. Sarah followed us around, and occasionally nodded or said something in approval, or shook her head in disapproval. I haven't heard her say a full sentence yet, and that was the strangest thing of all.

Finally, when Mia was content with her makeup purchases for me, we moved onto clothes. 

-Insert the sarcastic voice from my head that says yay.-

When the first outfit that Mia gave me consisted of extremely, extremely short skirt and a tight, sheer top, I knew it was time to draw the line.

"I am NOT wearing that." I said in my no-nonsense and it's final tone. Speaking of it, it seemed that I used that tone a lot on her.

Mia looked impatient. "What's wrong with it?" 

How, HOW could she possibly answer so nonchalantly? I eyed it up and down. It looks like...

"It looks like a stripper outfit." Sarah responded for me, and both Mia and I turned around to look at her in surprise. 

Sarah merely shrugged while Mia stared at her, horrified. "I'm just stating the truth..."

"That is a completely biased opinion that shows how society thinks all sexy people would become strippers. You do realise that some sexy people like me would like something with a little more contact? Like... prosti-"

"MIA!" I stopped her. "You are not selling yourself for sex!" Unfortunately, I said the last sentence just a little too loudly, and now everyone in the store had turned their attention to us. 

So, there we stood awkwardly. Just three teenage girls talking about prostitution. Nothing out of the ordinary, right? 

WRONG.

"I'm going to go try this on," Sarah told us as she hastily grabbed a dress from a rack.

Mia nodded. "You'll look good in that. Well... I'll try this on then," And she proceeded to grab something off the rack and hurried to the changeroom.

"Guess that means I'm changing too," I muttered to myself. 

Luckily, by the time we finished and went out the store, no one seemed to remember what had happened. However, Sarah started participating more actively in our 'activities' after that. And even though her tone was usually sarcastic or cynical, she actually seemed fun to be around. I suppose I can understand why she's Mia's best friend, but I will deny it if you ever happen to tell anyone else.

She also had a very good sense in fashion. Even I had to admit that. 

Unlike Mia, who was only interested in revealing as much skin as possible, Sarah seemed genuinely interested into dressing amazing. She was also helpful when Mia tried to force me to wear any particularly slutty outfit. After all, majority rules in dictating what to buy, and what not to buy.

When seven o'clock came, I was a little sad to be leaving the mall, but I was also grateful that I was going to give my feet a rest after all the walking. And I might have just been a little, 'tiny' bit excited in getting my hair done.