Unexpected Visit

The red haired male's sobs echoed through his silent apartment. He couldn't stop the tears that flowed down his cheeks, they just kept coming. Spirit sniffed several times trying to stop as much as he could. He was a baby. That's what he thought everybody would call him since he cried so often.

Spirit's sobs suddenly stopped and he froze. He looked over at the cold hand sitting on his pale shoulder. The burn scars were familiar. His eyes widened and he choked on his tears. He couldn't move. He was just stuck in his place. Was he dreaming? He heard shuffling behind him and a warm breath on the back of his neck that made his hairs stand up. The room was silent. All that was heard was the breath of the two.

"Spirit." Called a low scruff voice. "I'm sorry, for the trouble I caused.." The voice trembled causing his scarred hand to grip tighter. Spirit couldn't move, respond, hug him or anything. How the hell did he even get into his apartment? The red haired male's heart dropped. He gave Stein a key to his apartment telling him to come whenever needed. This wasn't the time he wanted Stein to come. He didn't want to see the sorrow in his eyes. Or the broken of a man sobbing on the floor, blood dripping from his hand.

The male behind Spirit stood up noticing the blood dripping from his hand and the puddle of blood. He bit his lip walking in front of him avoiding glass and blood in his path. He reached down helping Spirit up and placing him on the toilet seat. Stein shifted around going into the cabinet finding the alcohol and wraps. He tended to the wound applying alcohol to the cut to disinfect it, he warned the red head before cleaning the wound with alcohol.

Spirit kept his gaze away from Stein his eyes trailed to stare at nothing. He just sat staring at the air attempting anything to avoid any eye contact with the male.

Stein soon finished looking up at Spirit with a worried expression. He hoped he'd be alright, but probably not on his own. "I just came to see if you were even still alive and well, Even though it's been so long.." His voice sounded saddened by seeing Spirit like this. He never knew life would be like this for him.

Spirit slowly looked up to find the males emerald green eyes. As Stein let a soft smile stretch across his lips. He reached out for his hand standing as he did so. Spirit's quivering pale hand took Stein's large scarred one. Stein led him into the bedroom and laid him down on the bed. "Get some rest alright.?" He said placing the blanket over him as Spirit turned to his side to face away from him. "I'm sorry about your Wife-" He was cut off by the red haired male. "Can we.. Not talk about this.." Spirit asked. Stein decided not to continue.

"Well.. I best be on my way.." Stein said softly and stood. "Wait." Called Spirit. "C-could you stay..?" Stein nodded crawling in bed behind the red haired male.

His pale cheeks slightly flushing a pink, his eyes slowly closing. He hadn't been used to the warmth of another in a really long time. He felt different.. Special. Is what you'd say.

"Why would he come to check on me? I'm a worthless man who goes to the bar to drink my sorrows. He's perfect! Beautiful emerald green eyes, Gorgeous silver hair, he's got a great style and sense of humor.. Why come back for me..?" He thought to himself. He felt like an idiot. He was one in fact. He left his best friend, without saying a word besides giving him a key and letting him know that he could come anytime. After all of this Stein came to check on him. Stein called himself and idiot for not coming sooner, not slapping him across the face for the bad he's done. Completely ignoring him and never mentioning anything to him.

Stein's gaze trailed to the red heads body. He then stared at his gorgeous red hair. Reaching out to touch It to his own surprise it was soft and delicate, it was kinda messy, but in a way that looked greatly attractive. It suited him very well. His opal eyes transitioning very well with his crimson hair. A soft pale blush speckled across his cheeks as he pulled his hand away, the red haired male not flinching a bit.