Episode 3

Episode 3: Chicken soup for killers

"Mmm....this is so good." Baron moaned shamelessly as he took another spoonful of his chicken soup.

"You're acting like you never had chicken soup before." Vivian commented with a roll of her eyes.

"I don't remember when was the last time I ate a proper home made meal." Baron mumbled more to himself but Vivian was able to hear him well, making her change her mocking expression into a more pitiful one.

"I don't need any pity." Baron said as he stabbed his fork at the middle of his steak then bringing it up to his mouth and biting out a big chunk.

Vivian was taken aback by his caveman behaviour but quickly dismissed it as an injured, very hungry man's behaviour.

"Uhmm..Baron," Vivian called making Baron look up at her from under his lashes as his face was bent down towards his soup.

"Since I was the one who found you, and treated your wounds.....basically saving your life.."

Baron raised his eyebrows at her in amusement as she babbled on.

"...don't you think I have the right to know how you got hurt? I mean, stabbing a person isn't some simple issue." Vivian finished, looking at him in anticipation and curiosity.

Baron turned his gaze back to his soup. "I'm eating." Was all he said as he took in another spoonful.

Vivian sighed as she looked at him in annoyance before getting up from her stool and making her way out of the kitchen.

Baron didn't bat an eyelash at the grumpy lady that just left and continued enjoying his meal.

He never felt fuller like he did now and he was happy about it even if it was only for a short while.

Wiping the dishes infront of him clean, he was finally done with his meal just in time as his phone alerted him of the arrival of a new message.

Washing his hands and mouth, he then choose a corner near the window to check his new message.

"Those are the full details of your next target Baron. Make it quick then leave as soon as possible." Mr. Longford messaged.

Baron scrolled down to check the victims picture and it wasn't what he expected.

Vivian.

Her smiling face and wild curls filled his phone screen.

"Shit. How am I supposed to kill the person I owe my life to?" He muttered under his breath.

Snapping his phone shut and placing it in his pocket, he let out a deep breath to clear his mind.

'According to our laws, if a person saved our lives then we're indebted to them until we pay it back fully.' He reminded himself. 'Maybe if I payed her back in a way, then I'll be free from her debt and finish my mission.' He thought.

With determination, he went in search for his victim.

"Vivian?" He called out but got no response.

With furrowed eyebrows, he went towards the room he woke up in earlier then to the bathroom and all around the house but all his searches went in vain.

A thought crossed Baron's mind making him halt his actions and think thoroughly.

"What if she heard something from me and ran away?"  He thought quietly.

With that in mind, he started dashing towards the front door to run after Vivian.

Just as he opened the front door, his eyes caught wine red curls sprawled across the garden table.