9: Drive

A/N
Sorry this chapter is short. The next one will be longer and full of in depth shit
---------

"This cake is so fucking good," Pete exclaimed. I looked at him in surprise. "Oh, uh, sorry!" He looked around to see if any of my family had heard. Zack laughed before returning his attention to his food.

"It is pretty good," Josh said, trying not to laugh. Pete rolled his eyes and took another bite. Laura walked over to us with a smile on her face.

"Josh, are you ready to open everyone's gifts?"

"Um, sure," he said. We all followed him into the dining room where there were presents stacked on the table. It wasn't a huge amount, but that didn't matter. What mattered was being there. Together.

He unwrapped every gift from every person with his beautiful smile plastered to his lips. He got clothes, movies, CDs, and a pair of shoes. Once every gift had been opened and wrapping paper was littering the floor, Josh thanked everyone.

Everyone, except me. He was getting that gift later.

"Thanks so much, everyone," Josh said for the millionth time that night. I kissed his cheek before walking off to the living room. I was scooping some chips onto my plate when I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned and smiled at Abigail.

"Hey, Abigail."

"Hey! How are you?"

"I'm good," I said. I'd never really gotten to know Abigail that well. Josh talked about her, Ashley, and Jordan all the time though. I know that I was the same way about Zack, Madison, and Jay. "How are you?"

"I'm good, thanks. This party was a really sweet idea," she said, grabbing a plate.

"Thanks. It wasn't all me, though."

"Yea, it was," she laughed. "Give yourself some credit, Tyler. No one's ever done something like this for him." She looked over at Josh and I did the same. "You're a great boyfriend." I blushed and looked down at my plate.

"Thanks. That's really nice of you to say." She smiled again before walking away.

-------

"Bye mom. Thanks again for everything," Josh said as he kissed Laura's cheek.

"Of course, Joshua. Happy Birthday!" We walked out the front door and down the front steps. "Bye, Tyler!" she called out the door. I smiled and turned to wave at her. She closed the door and we got into our car.

"How did I end up with such a sweet guy?" Josh asked, closing his door. He leaned over and kissed me. I smiled at him as he pulled away and started the car. We backed out of the driveway and I turned on the radio quietly. My eyelids grew heavier as we got closer to home.

"So, when do I get my gift from you? You've managed to keep it a secret from me all day."

"You'll have to wait and see. We have to pick it up tomorrow."

"We have to pick it up?" he asked. I smiled mischievously.

"Yes, we do."

"Now I'm nervous," he laughed.

"Don't be nervous!"

"Okay," he agreed. "I don't know how you're gonna outdo yourself, though. That party was such a nice thing for you to do."

"Believe me, that'll be nothing compared to your actual gift."

"Don't get my hopes up, Tyler. You- "

Josh was cut off by a car horn honking. I looked up quickly at the bright light. Pain shot through me before everything went numb.

----------
A/N
Hey...please don't hate me

I know I suck but that's okay
|-/