7. A Punch To The Jaw

This chapter has a bit of swearing in it but i needed to include it cos she is crazily angry. 

There a few things you do not want to wake up to.

The first is your parents shaking you awake, telling you a Tsunami is about to hit, or a bushfire about to cross your path. Or any other natural disaster.

Nor do you want to be awoken by loud noises.

On this particular occasion, it wasn’t either of these that awoke me out of my slumber.

It was a firm hand placed over my mouth.

I tried to scream but it didn’t work. I then tried to prise the hand off of my mouth, but the owner of this hand wouldn’t move.

I decided to do what any girl in my position would do, see who this man is.

My eyes follow his hand, up the arm, passing over his well toned, huge biceps, and into the staring eyes of a smirking man.

I wrench his fingers off of my mouth.

“What the hell are you doing and who the hell are you?” I fume, scrambling up.

He smirks, “what babe? You not happy to see me?”

Now, before you judge me, I had never seen this man before. Not once had I laid eyes on him. And he had the injustice to call me babe? Just keep that in mind.

I raise my fist and punch him, square in the jaw. I hear a crack and I’m not sure if it’s my knuckles or his face, but after seeing the look of pain flash across his face I am happy.

It’s my turn to smirk as I see the skin on his jaw turn to purple, leaving a huge mark of ugliness across his perfect features.

Ha, take that.

But, I think I had forgotten that there’s such a thing as karma.

“Told you she wouldn’t be happy if you called her babe,” an all to familiar voice rings out from my right. I slowly turn and standing there is none other than Connor Hunter.

Connor was my boyfriend before Julian. I dumped him.

I’d found him cheating on me and I didn’t want to be with someone like that, I no longer knew if I could trust him.

I start to get mad, clenching my fists.

“What the fuck you doing here?” I spit, mad.

“Woah, easy there killer. Last time I checked, it was you that broke up with me,” he fires back, looking mad.

“Wait, you two know each other?” the man who I punched asks.

“Yes, as a matter of fact we do. And if you don’t tell me your name right now, I will personally punch the living day lights out of you,” I hiss.

He smirks, “you couldn’t.”

“Wanna bet? I can make a bruise twice the fucking size of the one on your jaw cover your entire face, you shithead,” I retaliate.

His hand absent mindly goes to his jaw, where he rubs it.

“She’s stronger then you’d think,” Connor tells him. I don’t even acknowledge Connor.

“Fine,” the man groans, “Blair Walker.”

“And why the hell are you here?” I ask, grabbing Connor by the collar of his shirt and hauling him beside Blair.

“Ha, dude, you let yourself me mauled around by a chic,” Blair laughs.

“I am not just a chic,” I say, venom lacing my words.