Late night orders

~Rapunzel and Eugene~
"Uggg! I will never get this finished." Rapunzel mumbled into the pile of papers sprawled over the table. She was trying to figure out how to pay their debts on time, but it was just stressing her out more.

"How's it going?" Eugene asked as he leaned over Rapunzel. He offered to put the kids to bed since they loved his bedtime stories. The only one who didn't really like him rocking her to sleep was Rosie. She was hard to get to fall asleep, especially when she didn't like your singing.

"Terrible. I'm surprised the IRS has come to take our house yet." Rapunzel replied. Her blonde hair was covering most of the papers. Stress wasn't a strong enough word to describe what she was feeling. She'd hasn't even been able to fall asleep for the past three days.

"They wouldn't take the house." Eugene assured, rubbing her back.

"You're right. First they'll take our babies." She fired back.

"They won't take the kids." He softly chuckled.

"If we don't pay these bills they will." Rapunzel cried. Money wasn't something they had on hand right now. Eugene's job hasn't been the best way to earn money and Rapunzel couldn't take a job at the moment.

"Here, why don't I take over?" Eugene offered as he took a seat beside her. He took a quick glance at the stove clock and read 11:34. He knew she had a long day watching the kids so he decided to take over.

"No, you've had a long day at work. I'll do it." Rapunzel replied as she sat back up. She pushed his hands away. She didn't want him to baby her. She could handle this herself. Besides, he spent all of his day already looking at papers and such.

"Let's work together. It will get done faster." Eugene reasoned. Rapunzel thought it over and reluctantly agreed. She knew she could do this by herself, but she knew he wouldn't stop until she said yes.

"Fine." Rapunzel agreed as she grabbed a couple papers. Eugene smiled and grab a few unopened letters. He tossed the charity ones aside. As he was flipping through the envelopes, one caught his eye. He ripped it open and read the letter.

"Rap, look at this." Eugene commanded as he placed it into her petite hands. She frowned, guessing it was another debt that they forgot to pay. She read through it once, then twice.

"Dear god I hope this isn't a prank." She gasped as she ran her hands through her hair. It was a letter from the show, offer them millions if they agreed to do another season.

"Look, they even signed it!" Eugene exclaimed as he pointed to the bottom of the paper. Rapunzel squealed and brought him into a huge hug. She snuggled her head into his neck. She positioned herself on his lap, laying her head on his shoulder.

"This is what we've been praying for." Rapunzel sniffed as she wiped her eyes. All of these years living off of the next pay check could finally stop. For once, they could finally have money saved.

"I know. Now we can finally move into a better house. We can send the kids to a nice school and we won't have to worry about money for a long time." Eugene comforted as he rocked Rapunzel back and forth. She ran her fingers through his hair, not believing it was true.

"Our parents can finally stop worrying." She chuckled. Everyday, both of their parents offer them money, saying they didn't want them on the streets. But Eugene and Rapunzel were too stubborn to agree.

"Everyone can stop worrying." Eugene corrected as Rapunzel sat up and looked at his face. He looked older than he should at 35. He had a few wrinkles forming around his eyes that were caused from stress. His hair was lighter than it was five years ago. You couldn't tell unless you examined him closely. He was thinner, they both were. Rapunzel gave him a smile and brought him into a kiss.