Chapter Two - Bite Marks & Blood Shot Eyes

Red strides down the street with Jerry and Charlie following at his heels, having parked the van down the road. They approach the old warehouse with a large, brightly lit up sign reading 'Lynch & Sons Boxing Gym' above the door. Next to the main door is a rustic metal shutter.

The three men storm through the door, hoping to speak to Joey about what is going on at Old Trafford but they are stopped in their tracks.

"Boss..." Red stutters. "There's something going on a the United ground. Fences, barriers and barbed wire and shit,"

Joey simply smiles at the men and holds up his finger, shushing them.

"Well Detective Inspector Clark, tell me what you fucking know," Joey orders whilst wrapping the long strip of cotton fabric around his right wrist and knuckles, sitting on a table opposite DI Clark who is tied to a wooden chair.

DI Clark looking worse for wear. Blood dripping from his nose and his eyes swollen. The blood on Joey's knuckles soaking through the white cotton hand wraps, staining them crimson.

"I told you, Joey! I didn't know what was coming. Just let me go, I need to protect my wife and my kids," DI Clark pleads, his cheap suit hanging from him. His DI badge lay on the floor next to him.

More and more members of the gang gather on the viewing platform built on stilts, over viewing most of the boxing club. With a perfect view of the interrogation going on below them. Jerry and Charlie head over to the roped off area in the corner of the club, used for the matches they hold there. They hold onto the ropes with one hand, watching the situation unravel as Red lights a cigarette and leans against one of the many punchbags.

"How the fuck did Special Branch not now this was coming!" Joey yells, jumping up and standing in front of DI Clark.

"We knew nothing about it I swear!" He screams as tears stream down his cheeks. His bottom lip quivers. Despite his short height, Joey seems to be towering above him. His strength still with him from his years of weight lifting and fighting.

"My son, my daughter and my two nephews are out there right now with them- them things! I appreciate you coming here letting me know what was happening, but I would have appreciated a bit more warning," Joey says. Once finished, he swings and lands a powerful blow direct to DI Clark's jaw.

He tries to spit the crimson blood out of his mouth but can only manage a dribble as it drips onto his white buttoned shirt and his black tie.

"Let's not forget the fact that one of my many contacts told me that you are innvolved in what is going on out there in some way," Joey says, flexing his fingers on his right hand.

"Joey," he spits again, "How much shit have I let you get away with eh? How many times have I helped you and your boys out? If it wasn't for me your Nicolas would have been in Strangeways for a lot longer than four years,"

Strangeways, also known as HMP Manchester, is a high security male prison not far from the city center. Used for Category A inmates, also known as those whose escape would be highly dangerous to the public or national security. The offences of the inmates can involve murder, rape, firearm offences and importing or supplying Class A drugs.

A place where Joey's son spent the last four years as well as a year at the military prison MCTC Colchester which is commonly known as The Glasshouse.

Joey removes a flick blade from his pocket, pressing the brass button and revealing the mirror finished blade. DI Clark's eyes widen and his lips begin to tremble. Miming 'please' to Joey but no words able to escape from his terrified mouth. As Joey slowly edges closer, Clark's eyes shut as he rapidly stutters a prayer.