Daisies [Cedric Alexander + OC]

"Stop comparing yourself to others.  You can be the most beautiful rose in the garden and some jerk will still say they prefer daisies."
-Halsey

When you join the NXT roster, you learn two things rather quickly.

1. Everyone is fighting for a spot on the main roster, so you've got to be focused.  You've got to be prepared for anything and everything that is thrown your way.

2. Austin Aries and his girlfriend, Kasey, are always arguing, and you just learn to ignore it.

With the crowd behind him after his match against Kota Ibushi in the Cruiserweight Classic, Cedric Alexander makes his debut in NXT.

When he learns that everyone has just been ignoring the arguing for months, he can't understand why.  Cedric doesn't want to get involved, as it's not his relationship, but that doesn't mean he can't lend a helping hand every now and then. 

He and Kasey become friends, and he soon realizes how bad the arguments are.

One day, she finds out that Austin cheated on her, and they break up.  She's devastated, even though she knows that their relationship was anything but good.

Now that they're no longer together, she thinks that she can go back to how she used to be, but that's not the case.  Now, without even meaning to, she's begun comparing herself to the other girls, and even to girls she doesn't even know.

There must've been a reason he cheated on her.  Was she not pretty enough?  Did she talk too much?  Did she not talk enough?  Was she too demanding?  Her mind is a nonstop whirlwind of questions.

Cedric knows that just saying, "Don't worry, you're pretty," isn't enough, so he goes out of his way to make sure she knows.  Maybe it's with other things he says.  Or it's the way he does things, and the way he treats her.

Austin may have preferred daisies, but Cedric prefers roses.

***

I got that quote from Facebook, so I'm not 100% sure if Halsey actually said it lmao

Cedric Alexander is one of my favorite cruiserweights, and he's so so good. I'd totally read a story about him. :)