two

blossom

"Oh, that must be Bubbles," She smiles, leaving the kitchen to greet her daughter. I hurried up and finished the sandwich, drinking some water along with it.

"Our guest has finally arrived," I hear the mother say.

"Really? The one we're taking in as a foster?"

"Yes, honey. Her name is Blossom and I believe she is just about your age."

"Where is she?"

"In the kitchen. Come along now, sweetie."

I hear the footsteps appoach the kitchen and I prepare myself for her daughter.

When they reach the entrance of the kitchen, I get to so see her. She looks very similar to her mom, she's got the blonde hair and the bright expression. But she's got blue eyes while her mom has a dark crimson color.

They must have some really beautiful genes, because she's gorgeous. Like drop dead gorgeous. And it doesn't even look like she's wearing much makeup.

She's wear a light baby blue spaghetti strap summer dress that hugged her curves in all the right places. Her hair was tied up into a ponytail and her hair was curled into waves.

Once she saw me, I expected her eyes to turn to disgust because that's what I've seen from every foster family. But instead, her face brightens even more and she rushes over next to me with the biggest smile on her face. She pulls me into a tight hug before staring back at me with her bright smile.

"Hi, I'm Bubbles. I'm glad I have another girl friend around. Most of the time, my brother's friends are around," She wrinkles her nose in disgust. I stared at her blankly.

"I'm Blossom," I say slowly, trying to find my words.

"My mother told me. You're really pretty, you know? Especially your hair. It reminds me of my brother's," she comments, playing with a piece of my hair.

"Thank you," I say, staring at her confusedly.

"Why don't you bring Bubbles up to your room, Blossom? Maybe plan some decorations?"

Bubbles ears perked up. "Ooh, come on," She exitedly grabs my hand as she pulls up the stairs.

"Your room is right next to my brother's, I believe."

I'm met with the familiar white door known as my bedroom for however long I will stay here. She opens it and falls onto my bed. I follow in after her, sitting at the desk.

"Alright, first off, what's your favorite color?" She questions, sitting up.

"Uh, pink."

"Perfect! We can go shopping tomorrow after school, I'm sure mom won't mind if we spend a couple hundred. Ooh, we also should get you some clothes."

I nod, feeling a bit awkward in this situation.

"I don't really have any friends, you know? I really only have my cousin and she kind doesn't count because she's my family, so I'm glad I have you now," she smiles warmly at me.

"I don't really have any friends either," I joke, trying to make light of the situation. "I'm not a very social person, and also I'm in and out of foster homes constantly, so there's no real point of me making friends," I shrug.

"Well, I hope you get to stay here for a long time. I'd really like to get to know you." She says genuinely. "Well, I gotta go do some homework, so I'll leave you be. Explore our humble home if you'd like."

I watch as she gets up from the bed and leaves my room. Sighing, I take in the room once again. Plain. Simple. White. There's not much really to it. I took my bag from my bed and placed it on the desk chair before flopping down on the bed. I glanced at the clock beside my bed. It was only around 4 in the afternoon. I decided to listen to Bubbles' words and go look around my new home for the time being.

After walking through house, I somehow ended up in the bedroom next to mine. I probably shouldn't be in here, but I was just curious. His walls are painted a dull red. His desk is black, along with the covers for his bed. A single red pillows sits at the head of the bed.

Along his walls are trophies and plaques from awards that I assume he got from his sports and such that his mother told me about. I picked up one his trophies in my hand and traced my finger against the words written at the bottom. Maybe one day, I would get on--

"What are you doing in my room?"

_

I'm so sorry for late updates! I'm caught with other things at the moments, but that's no excuse. I've taken a very long hiatus and I hope to come back to wattpad fully soon :)