Home

Megan had finally stopped fangirling. When she had, Flowey was gone. She realized the game had changed. Toriel never came.

     "Huh... that's weird..." She shrugged, and decided to go check Toriel's house. She quietly knocked. Toriel came out. "Yes? - Oh!" She looked down at Megan, surprised to see a human. She looked familiarly like... nevermind. "May I help you, my child?" Megan looked around awkwardly. What really was she supposed to do? Her situation had finally dawned on her. She might be trapped in here for real... and if so, would she ever get out? "Uhm... I fell down here, and  I got slightly lost... I was hoping you could help me?" She saw Toriel smile at her. She felt bad she would have to leave again soon.

     "Of course, it's been a while since I had company... may I ask... do you prefer butterscotch, or cinnamon?" Megan laughed and smiled at her. "I like both, thanks goat mom!" She ran into the house and began to look around at the different books. They were all real... Toriel was surprised at her enthusiasm. She slightly reminded her of her son... she went to work on the pie. Megan flopped on Toriel's chair, and began reading. It was a journal Toriel had written. Toriel walked back in, and saw Megan reading her journal.

     "Oh! That isn't anything important..." She tried to reach for it but Megan held it out of her reach. "You had a son, right? ...would you want to talk about it?" She was an awesome listener, and of course she already knew about Asriel. But Toriel was such a sad character. She wanted to try and make her feel better. "Yes... I did... but that might be a story for another time..." Toriel looked out the window, remembering the days of the past. Megan put a hand on her shoulder. "I don't know if we'll have another time... please?" Toriel looked down at the child, and sighed. "Alright... let me have my chair then." She picked Megan up, sat down, and put her on her lap. "It all started a very long time ago...."

     Megan listened to the history of the Underground through Toriel's point of view, tearing up here and there. It was much more sad coming from the broken heart of a mother... She felt as if she respected Toriel in a whole new light. From her loving her children, to losing them both. Then to seeing her husband become a monster and eventually leaving him. Loving every child that fell down here, then losing them all over again. She felt even worse about what she had to do to progress... could she really leave? Somewhere along the story, Megan fell asleep. 

     "And that is how, I came to be alone down here..." Toriels voice faded off, as she noticed the child had fallen asleep. She picked Megan up and took her to the room. The same room every child had slept in. She brought a piece of pie in, and set it on the side of the bed, "Good night Megan... I hope you stay... and thank you for listening, to my story.." She slowly shut the door. Maybe Megan could actually call this place...

A home.