Chapter Four: Of Parties and Novels

Emotions: they push us to create masterpieces. Emotions: they push us to take actions we wouldn’t ordinarily have taken. Emotions: they control us as if we were the puppets and they the puppeteers. Why do we give our emotions so much power over us? Is it what makes us human? Is it what makes our personalities so different? If so, then are we truly our own person? Or are we how we react to a situation? And if our emotions are the ones controlling us, then who is the one controlling our emotions?

“You’re throwing me a party?!” Yugi screamed, running into my room and throwing himself on top of me. I winced and tried to move over so that his excitedly flailing arms wouldn’t smack me in the face.

What?” I groaned. It was way too early in the morning, and I was without my daily cup of morning coffee, to keep up with the fast track of my brother’s brain. How he was such a morning person was beyond even my understanding. I tried to roll over to shield my ears from his shouts of excitement, and then groaned again as Yugi sat on my stomach, preventing me from rolling over and ignoring him.

“Yami? Yami wake up!!” Yugi shouted in my ear. My eyes snapped open and I sent him the fiercest glare I’d ever given him.

“Yugi, you have about five seconds to calm down, stop shouting, and get off of me, before you do something that you will later regret,” I said evenly. My ruby gaze fixed on my brothers violet eyes as Yugi gave me an evil smirk.

Did I say he looked innocent, cute, and childlike? Well if he was, he was deceptively so. Yugi could also be and evil little bugger with a penchant for mischief. He must’ve learnt it from me.

“Wakey, wakey! Eggs and Bakey!!” Yugi sang in an evilly chipper voice.

I resisted the urge to smother him with my pillow. I had to remind myself of the reasons he was the most important person in my life, but it was times such as this when I questioned my sanity in loving him. When Yugi began to jump up and down on my stomach, jostling my entire body and making my head dizzy, I lost my cool.

“That’s it!! You’re done for Yugi!!!” I exclaimed, somehow bucking him off my stomach and managing to roll on top of him, pinning both of his wrists above his head with my right hand. With my left hand, I held it in front of Yugis' impossibly wide, amethyst eyes, and wiggled my fingers; my most evil smirk played across my lips.

“You wouldn’t,” Yugi said in disbelief.

“Oh yes dear brother, I most certainly would,” I said right before I shoved my wiggling fingers into his armpit.

He squealed with laughter as I continued to tickle him. He tried kicking his feet to dislodge me, but as I was straddling his waist and was slightly heavier than my brother, I stayed put. I held on for dear life as Yugi bucked and writhed, trying to get away from the intrusive feeling of being tickled. I laughed evilly as I could see him give up and just let the torture happen.

“Y-Yami!! I-I give up!!” He shouted at me in-between bursts of forced laughter. “P-please s-stop!”

“Not until you say the magic words,” I said in a sing-song voice as I began the second wave of my attack, this time tickling the skin over his ribs.

P-please!!” He begged as happy tears filled his eyes. Seeing my brother cry, whetherhappy or not, always sent a pang of guilt through me, but I resisted the urge to stop. He needed to learn just how grumpy I could get in the mornings.

“Not that word,” I taunted, releasing his arms so that I could attack both of his sides at the same time.

“Okay!! Okay, I-I’m sorry!!” He shouted. I grinned.