Moving

The van was parked outside of my apartment. I stood in the small backyard and looked out into the woods that lay beyond the old fence line. Maddie and I never did get the chance to explore.
      I hear the back entry door open, followed by the heavy footsteps of Maddie. "Hey," she states, her voice soothing and laced with concern. "Hey," I reply. "Second thoughts," she asks, her voice sarcastic but still having some seriousness to it. "You wish," I begin," more like regretting all the things i, we, never really got around to."  "Hey, we're 23, don't get all tumblre quotes on me." she jokes with me. "Haha, very funny. But I'm serious Madison. There are so many things we were going to do but never did," she gives me a questioning look," see those woods, remember  how we said exploring them would be like a cross of The Hunger Game and The Maze Runner. And that old staircase down the road that leads to god knows where. Or sneaking back into the high school. There are so many things we wanted to do." She looks at me and then back out toward the forest, a frown forming on her lips. "I guess your right." she tells me. "it doesn't  matter now," she begins, enthusiasm returning to her words," because now you are going to move to Maine, Im going to pick up an old friend, and we're all going to make new plans." I laugh, "ok ok, your right as always your maggisty. I beg your forgiveness." "Get up you dork," she laughs.

*time skip because I can*

     I give my mom and dad one more goodbye hug and kiss before walking over to Maddie. "I expect to see the two of you within the next week." I tell her. She salutes me, "Eye, eye captain." I laugh. She hugs me suddenly. "Be safe." she tells me. "of course."
     I step over to my car and turn around sending one last look at one of my two remaining best friends and my parents. I sigh. I really am gonna miss this place. I give everything one last look before stepping into the car and following the moving vans out.