chapter 2.

I spit out the aspirins, as soon as I watched Ammi walking out my room. 

I had been living on a bunch of aspirins, paracetamols and a million of medicines I struggled to remember the names of. All I knew was, they never made me feel better. 

I still wondered if the medicines were actually made to make a patient feel better. 

I always felt better when I got a spoonful of Ammi's halwa or a bite of hotcakes in winters. How I wished that medicines could somewhat taste like that, and make life easier, for me. 

I gave a bad, malign look to the box full of a hundred more tablets, and as always, it didn't respond. 

I was about to land a giant punch on the box, before the sound of doorbell startled me. I could well guess the face behind the door. 

Just in a couple of minutes, I heard my room's door open, and it screeched back to its place after Aman entered. 

'' What's wrong Rash? I told you we'll go for an outing, and look, you're not even dressed up '', he said, rendering me a curious look. 

I was furious at him. Despite being well aware, that there was no way that Ammi would let me step out of my room, he wanted me to go out with him. 

But a glare on his face suggested he knew it all. He raised a brow, and that prompted me to make an argument. 

But even before I could put forward my set of words, he threw a pair of trousers and a pullover towards me, straight from the closet. 

'' Get ready, we'll have fun! '', he said. 

I still stared at him in bewilderment, as he reclined against the wall and whistled. The clever smile on his face, somewhat made me feel comfortable. 

Aman wore a purple sweatshirt, and that made me wonder if the 'girly rules' were applicable just to my curtains. 

'' quick man, I don't have whole day! '', he commanded as if he was the boss of the house. 

He kept tapping his shoe at the floor, unless I decided to grab my crutch and leave my bed. 

I dragged myself to the washroom. 

I opened the tap in haste, and was not very shocked to see no drops pouring out. 

The weather had spread its arms everywhere, and I wondered if anything escaped it. I sighed as I pulled out two wet tissues out of the packed and wiped off my pale face. 

I somehow got into one of my favorite blue denim trousers and sneaked into a green pullover that had 'GAP' written all over it in big blue letters. 

I looked at myself in the piece of remaining mirror on my dressing table, and in portions, I knew I looked alright. 

Aman looked up at me, and gave a slight nod of approval. 

The very next moment, we were trying to make an escape through my bedside window. 

Aman went first, poking his head out in order to make sure if the ground was perfect to land. We wouldn't have preferred too much snow, since it would add to chances of slipping off. 

''It's all fine, perfect!'', he said as he showed me a thumbs up. 

I felt very excited. To my surprise, my mind was not even thinking about the magnitude of excuses I would later need when I confronted Ammi. My eyes just kept gazing through the window, at the lush high trees, decorated to the utmost with the white blanket of snow. 

I could see a maina, perching on a papaya tree as it dug its beak in a yellow-orange papaya. 

I had already started planning things in my mind. We could walk down the street to Azhar's mithai shop and savor those hot round jalebis, along with a special cup of tea he never charged us for.