Chapter 19

Three Weeks Later...

Today was Emma and Killian's wedding day. Despite Emma's protests of having the wedding while she was pregnant, Killian didn't want to wait. Neither did she frankly, but she didn't want to ruin all the wedding photos because of her size. Even though he had assured her time and time again that she was beautiful even as she was pregnant, but there was still a part in her that doubted that statement. She was now close to seven months pregnant, and the nursery had been altered to fit both of the babies coming and their needs. Her and Killian couldn't wait to hold them in their arms and give them the love that they would have. As Emma stared at herself in the mirror, she took a deep breath and ran her hand down her baby bump. Killian's father and brother were out there, as were her friends from the cruise ship. She just wished that her father was there to walk her down the aisle. To give her away to Killian. It was her one big wish. David had offered, but Emma turned the offer down. It didn't seem right because they weren't related, no matter how much David and Mary Margaret acted like her parents.

The music started outside and she took that as her cue. Her bridesmaids, Ruby, Belle, and Ashley all went out first. They were her friends from the ship that she had been close with. Killian had David, Liam, and Graham as his groomsmen. Mary Margaret had been the wedding planner. As soon as she was alone in the room, Emma took deep breaths as she felt her heart begin to race and grabbed the bouquet of lilies. She stepped out onto the red carpet on the aisle of the church and started walking. The room was beautiful! White streamers hung above them, and a white arch full of flowers stood above Killian. Flowers decorated each seat on the side it was almost enough to bring tears to her eyes.

Almost.

You'd think that after years of serving food and drinks to people, cleaning their rooms, taking their laundry to be cleaned, she would have been used to the eyes that stared at her. Especially because they were her friends. She looked over at Killian who had a big smile on his face as he urged her to move faster so he could kiss her and hold her in his arms like she was always meant to be. But, as everyone stared at her, she became scared. What if she fell? What if she tripped and everyone made fun of her? The small smile that was on her face vanished as she dropped the flowers. Gasps filled the room and the music stopped.

"I-I'm sorry. I can't," was all she was able to choke out before she ran away.

"Swan!" Killian's voice stood out from everyone else's as they yelled for her, but she continued to run. She went to the women's bathroom and closed the door and locked it with a click. "It's okay!" He shouted. She felt the door bump underneath her back, and she wondered if he was leaning against it. "Does this mean you don't want to marry me?" He asked in a weak voice.

"Of course I do," Emma's voice cracked. "I just can't with all those people staring at me."

"They're staring because you are beautiful."

"No I'm not. I have too many flaws. Plus, I'm pregnant. I feel fat."

"You are not fat! And you are absolutely perfect! You are the most beautiful woman I have ever met. You are so sweet and kind and nice to everyone you meet. You have this fire inside your heart that can be seen in your eyes. I just wish you could see what I see. I will never stop saying these things about you because they are all true. They always will be."

Emma sighed. She felt tears prick her eyes but wouldn't let them fall because it would ruin her makeup. "You still want to marry a mess?"

"No mess is too messy, love. I will always want to marry you."

Emma stepped back and opened the door. Killian greeted her with a kiss and wrapped his arms around her. "I want to marry you too." She laid her head against his shoulder and Killian kissed her head.

"Then let's do it." They walked to the entrance of the church and everyone was still seated, but chatter filled the room. "Just keep your eyes on me." He handed her the flowers again and ran to the arch at the front of the church. The music started again and Emma began to walk again. She ignored everyone else and did as Killian told her. She watched him the entire time because it didn't matter what anyone thought. It only mattered what he thought. When she got to the arch, Killian kissed her cheek and grabbed her hands. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself."

"Friends, we are gathered here today to unite these two souls in holy matrimony. Killian Jones and Emma Swan. Who would like to begin their vows?" The preacher asked.

"I will," Emma said. "When we met, I was nothing but a maid and you were nothing but a rich guy, who I thought would be just like the rest. Snobby, stuck up, rude, but you weren't. Killian, you were sweet. You changed my life and took me away from that ship and saved me without realizing it." She squeezed his hands and the smiles on their faces grew wider. "The least I could do is marry you," she said playfully. Everyone laughed and Killian let out a chuckle. "I love you, Killian. And I always will."

"Mr. Jones? Would you like to begin?"

"Yes." He looked back to Emma. "Swan, when I first saw you, you were in a state of distress, and we all know how much I love to save a damsel in distress. No, but seriously, I knew you were going to be the love of my life as soon as I laid my eyes on you. All I had to do was make you see that."

"Do you have the rings?" The preacher asked. The couple nodded and turned to the people behind them. Because Ruby was Emma's maid of honor, Emma entrusted her with holding Killian's wedding band. Killian turned to Liam who was holding Emma's ring. "Emma, do you promise to love Killian in sickness and in health, rich or poor, until death parts you?"

"I do."

"And Killian, do you promise to love Emma in sickness and in health, rich or poor, until death parts you?"

"I do." They slipped the rings on each other's fingers with a smile.

"Then I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

"With pleasure," Killian said aloud and pressed his lips to Emma's. The room erupted into applause, but it all drowned out as Killian continued to kiss Emma. The love of his life. Emma moaned on his lips as everyone else in the room melted away, and it became only them.