I Hate You

Hope's POV:

I woke up with my head feeling crappy. My neck was to the right, like I was leaning something. I heard a soft moaning by my ear.

Newt. I lifted my head slightly. He started to mumble something. My head was still in bad shape but I still got up from the bed. My feet shuffled along the wood boards in the room, they creaked slowly with each step. My hand reached the knob of the door, I decided to look back at Newt. It looked like he was having a nightmare. His fists clenched around the blanket, holding on to it like it was the end of the world. I walked towards him as the sun from the window was shining on his face. Tears streamed down from his pale cheeks and his lips quivered. I've never saw him this broken before, he was always so cheery and happy. But I guess we all hide something from others, we don't want them to see how we really feel.

I lifted my hand to his face and I touched it, my warm hand defrosting his ice cold cheek. I felt his hand grab my arm, but he didn't grip it tightly, his eyes were still closed. We stood there for a few seconds, the whole room silent. I stared at him and I watched his eyes open slowly. Bloodshot red eyes stared right back at me, no sight of white anywhere.

I tried to retract my arm but he held on tighter. "Hope," he barely spoke. "Don't leave... Stay with me."

"Newt, let go..."

"No..."

I ripped my arm from his grip and I stepped back from him. My hand touched the top of the door knob and I opened the door. I ran through the narrow hallway, there was stairs at the end. My feet pounded the steps and when I reached the bottom, I almost fell on top of someone.

About 60 boys were sleeping on the floor. Heck, the floor wasn't even visable. Snores filled the closed area. I took the smallest step towards the door at the end of the room. It took a while, but I finally opened the door.

My legs burned from the running but the cool air felt great against my skin. The sun was breaking from the clouds and more light started to come out. The only place that I needed was the Maze. WICKED, I hate you! I screamed in my head. The doors to the Maze weren't opened yet, but I still kept running. I know that wasn't him, they're giving him nightmares. I can't stand to see him like this. 3 years I waited just to see him and he's being controlled. I hate them, I hate them, I hate them! Thoughts clouded my vision and I couldn't see straight. I tripped on the ground, tumbling down for the millonth time. My fists started to pound the ground, my voice hoarse as I kept screaming my head off like a toddler.

A hand attempted to touch my arm but I swatted it away. Two arms started to grab me and I finally gave in. Two boys started to lift me up from the ground. My head hung low like I was a zombie.

"What the hell is wrong with you, greenie?" I heard a voice say. I looked up and saw a muscular dark skinned guy that was two times taller than me. His arms were crossed like he was inspecting me. I answered him, my voice full of anger while in a whisper. "It's all WICKED'S fault. They did this to you, I did it to you."

He looked at the two boys beside me. "Put her in the slammer. She needs some time by herself."

"Alright, Alby." The boys stared plainly. They started to drag me away but I yelled.

"Alby! Listen to me! No matter what, trust me! I know this place better than anyone!" He started to walk away even though I was still talking. As the two boys dragged me to the slammer, I kept my mind focus on one thing. WICKED is bad.
******************************
Boredom. I hate it. There's nothing to do in the slammer. I don't even get freaking food. Bummer. All there is in here is a weirdly shaped chair and a barred up window. I decided to sit on the ground below the window. I had to be in here for an hour already since the sun started to fully beam on the Glade. It's a good thing that memories weren't gone. Although, sometimes I wish it were. I stared at the wall in front of me, counting the cracks in the wall until I heard a British voice speak.

"What're you doing in here, Hope? Alby told me you went crazy but I didn't even realized you left this morning." He spoke softly with a bit of sadness in his voice.

My fists clenched up by my sides. "Leave me alone, Newt." I bit my lip to stop my voice from shaking. "Get... away from me."

"Hope, what's the matter?"

Imagining his face while he said everything only made things worse. "Go away!" I screamed. "Get the hell away from me, dammit!"

The next words that came out of his mouth made me want to take back what I said. "Fine then. I don't bloody care about you." With that, he walked away leaving me alone. I curled up into a ball, tears pouring out from my eyes. I was done.

A/N Comment, vote and follow!