chapter 8~

"Congrats on your win," you mumbled while staring intensely at the ongoing game.

The team thanked you softly and sat down on the bleachers. Hinata and Nishinoya standing beside you, observing their rival.

Iwaizumi's and Oikawa's serves were on another level, even more powerful than Kageyama and Asahi.

"I want to receive that serve too," you and Nishinoya breathed out in amazement.

Giving each other a funny face, you focused back on the match, Seijoh leading by 6 points. "I guess the match will be over soon," you shrugged and headed to the cafe for a quick snack.

It was about 12pm now, and you could see the next batch of teams making their way into the courts.

The whistle echoed along the hallway, signaling the match was over. Footsteps could be heard running and you stopped in your tracks, causing the person behind to crash into you.

You, however, didn't fall though. It was the energetic orange haired boy that fell on his butt.

"Oh, Hinata? Sorry sorry!" You giggled and stretched out your strong arm to him.

"Itai!" He rubbed his butt and his eyes met yours.

"Say, Kozume-san, where are you going? Kuroo-san is looking for you," he cocked his head.

"Cafeteria, do you want anything?" You asked him and he shook his head, and another looming shadow formed over the both of you.

You tilted your head and saw a scary looking guy with white hair and no eyebrows.

Hinata shrieked before choking out, "A-aone!? Dateko!"

So he's from Dateko. The iron wall that couldn't be broken through by their own ace. Their iron wall, Aone, was surprisingly calm and quiet, like Kenma.

You let him walk pass and he looked at Hinata with a menacing glare, and Hinata gulped.

Intense...

-

"I've been looking for you! Don't run off like that idiot!" Kuroo exclaimed and face palmed.

"Sorry, I went to get these," you pointed at the plastic bag stuffed with different types of snacks.

"Geh!?" Everyone gaped and Kuroo sighed. "I'll pay you back next time, Tetsurou," you added before walking off to the bleachers, preparing to watch Dateko.

"That's my money!?!!" He growled and everyone laughed.

-

Days flew by fast, and as soon as you realized, t was the last day you were staying in Miyagi.

"Last day huh," Daichi smiled while looking at the sunset from the rooftop with you.

"Since when you got here?" You jumped a bit at his presence.

"Just now, you're too engrossed in your thoughts I suppose," he glanced at you. You nodded slightly and looked front.

"Thinking about my upcoming Spring tournament, you know, the girls have later matches than the boys," you sighed with a frown.

"Yeah, I know," he answered and asked, "Did you learn anything from what you've observed?"

You grinned and said, "Yup! I've seen how they play, and analyzed them. Also, I took notice of their techniques, I'm going to practice them and try it during matches!"

"So, you analyzed us too huh?" He chuckled.

"Yes," you answered with confidence.

"I'm honored."

-

The trip back to Tokyo was peaceful, everyone was sleeping like pigs and you were awake, listening to music and writing down notes on your note pad.

Writing down all their weaknesses and techniques neatly, you shut the book close and stuffed it in your bag.

Glancing at the time on your phone, you leaned on Kenma's shoulder and fell asleep as there's still 1 more hour of ride.

-

The ride came to a halt and you shot your eyes open. It was night time, making you feel more tired.

"Tetsurou!" You called, him turning around with a exhausted gaze.

Digging around your bag, you fished out the book with all the things you've observed during the past week.

His gaze changed to a confused one and you explained, "Those are the many things I've noticed from everyone from the powerhouse schools. Their habits and preferences."

"Oh?" His eyes widened and smiled. "You did this for us?" He bent down a bit and hugged you, making you blush into his chest.

"Yes," your voice was muffled and he patted your head.

"Thank you, let's walk home," he grinned widely and noticed that Kenma was already ahead.

"Wait for us!" Kuroo yelled and you both ran towards him, attacking him into a hug.

~

Simple update, I'll update again tomorrow. 😊