ii. dreams and rain

ii. dreams and rain

SHE WAS SOMEWHERE UNDER THE ground. It was dark and crowded, she could barely breath but she kept walking, like she had been for hours.

She was looking for something, maybe she was looking for someone?

She didn't know.

Hours and hours later, or it at least felt like hours, she was finally where she had to be, but where was she?

In front of her was a girl, it was the most beautiful girl she had ever seen. She had cinnamon brown hair and golden eyes. Was this the girl she should remember?

The girl in front of her looked surprised, maybe she hadn't expected to see her there?

After a few seconds the surprised look in her eyes disappeared, it made place for an almost happy look. The girl's eyes seemed to shine, like she was happy to see her there. But the happy look only lasted for a short moment, it soon changed into a confused and sad look.

The girl opened her mouth and it looked like she wanted to say something, but just as she was about to do so...

She opened here eyes, it took her a moment to realise that she wasn't where she was just seconds before. Where was the girl?

A few moments later she realised that it all had been just a dream, she hadn't really seen the girl.

The little bit of happiness that seeing the girl had given her disappeared like snow under the golden sun, the smile fell from her face and shattered on the ground, leaving her sitting in the broken pieces.

She started crying, the tears fell from her eyes in a high tempo, the sobs that left her mouth made it feel like she was choking, her fists were clenched, her nails were digging into her skin, but she didn't feel the pain in her hands.

And then it started to rain, thousands of raindrops fell from the sky and she was completely soaked in less than a minute.

She looked up, her eyes seemed desperate and her voice cracked when she asked the skies what she had done to deserve this fate. The skies didn't answer, of course they didn't.

Her own voice surprised her, it was lower than she had expected, but maybe it was because she hadn't drunk anything in days, her throat burned.

She tilted her head backwards and held her mouth open, hoping that the raindrops would somehow cure her from the sickness that was her own mind. The water fell on her face, the feeling was almost relieving.

The raindrops that she couldn't fell from her face to the ground and soon she was sitting in the water, but she didn't care.

When she glanced at the water surrounding her, she noticed a blonde girl was staring at her from the water, the girl was pretty, but not as pretty as the girl she had seen in her dreams.

Just when she was about to ask the girl in the water if she knew where they were, she realised that the girl in the water was her and that she was alone once again.

She studied her face in the water, the blonde hair barely reached her shoulders and it looked dirty, her grey eyes were dull, like she didn't really have a reason to live.

That was true.

She was alone and forgotten, she didn't remember anything except the face of a beautiful girl.

Who was the girl?

She tried to remember. she clenched her fists, like she hoped that the pain her nails caused would somehow bring the memory back. She pulled her hair, like she wanted to pull the memories out. She had to remember something.

Hazel.

The name suddenly shot through her head, Hazel, Hazel, Hazel. She tasted the name in her mouth, it was too foreign to be her own name, but it felt like it was something she had said a lot.

Hazel, Hazel, Hazel.

[unedited]