iv. saviours

iv. saviours

SHE FORCED HERSELF TO KEEP walking, she had to keep walking. Her feet hurt and her legs felt heavier than ever, but she had to keep walking.

Walking, walking, walking.

All around her the people looked up and stared, they sent her weird looks. She wondered if there was something wrong with her, even if she already knew what was wrong.

Because why wouldn't they stare at the girl in a white shapeless dress that barely reached to her knees, why wouldn't they stare at the girl who wasn't wearing shoes, why wouldn't they stare at the girl that started to cry harder with every step she took, why wouldn't they?

Everyone was staring, yet no one asked if she was okay. Not the girl who was laughing with her friends, not the older woman who was smiling at a little boy, not the man who threw is arm around the woman next to him. No one.

So she kept walking.

Walking, walking, walking.

She had been walking for hours when she saw them, the two boys and a girl, with next to them a creature that looked like a bird with a human face, but that wasn't what captured her attention, it was the boys and the girl.

The first boy had black hair and eyes that looked like the sea, he looked older than her, but he was still a kid, yet he seemed so mature, like he had been through a lot. And that was when she noticed the sword. Her eyes widened but she didn't pay much attention to it, because her eyes were already on the second boy.

The second boy was younger than the first boy, but older than herself. He too was holding a weapon, but before she could pay more attention to the way he looked, she saw the girl.

She had cinnamon brown hair and golden eyes, it was the girl she had seen in her dreams every night that she dared to close her eyes, it was the girl she wanted to remember. It was Hazel.

"Hazel!" she called out, before she could stop herself. The boys looked up, but Hazel was looking at the birdlike woman next to her. "Hazel," she said again and this time Hazel heard her.

Her eyes widened when she saw the girl in front of her, "Anastasia," she said and she ran forward to catch the girl that was falling to the ground.

Anastasia, Anastasia, Anastasia.

[unedited]