35

Kathryn's pov

My heart started beating so fast I thought it was going to burst out my chest. He can't come over. Deep down I want him to, but I don't think that's a good idea. I mean with Derek here...

"What's wrong?" I hear Derek's voice. I clear my throat. "Uh, Nate... he wants to come visit." I said before running my fingers through my hair. Derek got off the floor. "Well you're not actually considering it? Right?" He asked. I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing.

"This is probably going to sound stupid. Derek.. deep down I still want to be with him, but-"
"After what he did to you?" He cut me off. I bit my lip and looked down. He walked up to me and put his hands on my shoulders. "Don't be stupid." He whispered.
The door bell rang.

"I'll get it." Derek said. "No, Derek please. I have to work this out." I said. Derek looked down while nodding. "Fine." He said before walking over to get his things. "What are you doing? No, Derek stay." I pleaded. "What do you want me to do then?" He asked a little annoyed. "Just, go in my room and wait please." I begged. The doorbell rang again. He rolled his eyes, but walked towards my room. I sighed before walking up to the door.
I placed my hand on the doorknob and slowly turned it.

I opened the door and it revealed Nate. "It's late. " I said while crossing my arms over my chest. "I know. I just need to tell you that I can't do this anymore." He said. "Do what?" I asked.

"Be without you. I can't. Kathryn I've been without you for too long. I can't deal with it anymore. Look I know you said you needed space and all, but how much space? We've been apart for 5 months. Kathryn. I can't be without you any longer. I swear if I am, I'll end my own misery." He said.

"Nate, don't ever talk like that." I scolded. I felt tears brimming at my waterline. "I am nothing without you. Let's move on from this. I need you in my life." He said before going down on his knees. "I miss you." He whispered. I took in a shaky breath. I got on my knees so that I was facing him. I looked into his eyes. "I miss you too." I whispered. I wrapped my arms around his neck. He quickly hugged me back, and held me so tight. It was like he didn't want me to go anywhere.

I slowly pulled away and rested my hands on his shoulders. "I love you." He said. I didn't respond and placed my lips against his. He kissed back passionately. It wasn't lust, it was out of love.

"Oh well isn't that cute?" I hear Derek's voice behind me. I pulled away from Nate. I let out an breath. "Derek. I'm sorry, I forgot you were here." I apologized. Nate got up and helped me along with him. "Well I see that you two made up." He laughed. "Why is here?" Nate asked while giving death glares to Derek. "Well, we were having a little fun. But I see that you two are having a great time, so I'll just go." He shrugged while getting his things.

"I'm sorry." I said towards Derek.
After he gathered his things he walked up towards me. "You know I thought you were smart. But now, this seems like the dumbest thing you could possibly do." He said before leaving. Nate walked after him but I grabbed his arm. Derek slammed the door behind him anymore.

Nate sighed and shook his head. "What did he mean by fun?" Nate asked. "Whatever fun you're thinking of is not it." I said. Nate put his hands in mine. "I don't care about him. I care about you. I love you so much." Nate said while staring at me. "Don't tell me, show me." I said.