Prologue

- Prologue -

"S-Sorry? You want me to...what?"

I can feel my best friend staring at me but I focus all of my attention on the two females in front of me. I'm a little at a loss of words - not because of what they're saying - more because of the fact that I think this is the first time a girl has talked to me since middle school.

I don't like it.

"Awe, you're just too cute, Ciel. Which is the exact reason we came up to you like this. Sorry if we come off a bit strong, we're just super excited!"

Stepping a little closer to Gregory, I put my hands on his shoulders and move his body in front of me.

"No, don't back away, just hear us out."

Oh no, that's probably the last thing I want to do right now. See, I heard them out - that's not the problem here. The problem is what they had to say.

They invited me to a party.

Not only is that a ridiculous request on it's own, but they invited me to Sebastian Michaelis' party.

To be more specific, his eighteenth birthday party. At his house. With the majority of the senior class there. 

I'm usually not included in events like that, so to say that I'm shocked would be an understatement. 

"Um, I appreciate the offer, but I think I'll have to decli -"

"Greg told us you like Sebastian."

My head tilts down to glare daggers at my friend, but he just stares at me with a blank look on his face.

He shrugs. 

That asshole.

"Oh, did he? Well I'm sorry you had to find out like this, but he's a bit of a -"

"Pathological liar? Yeah, he told us you'd say that, too. Just...please? Me and Mey have come up with a really good idea and we think that it's so sweet that you like Sebastian. If you could maybe just do what we asked, I can promise you that you won't regret it. It'll be really...fun?" She looks like she's considering something.

Mhmm. Fun for me or fun for them?

And not just the two girls - all of them. Sebastian's whole group of friends is just a bunch of lying, manipulating little gossips, and I'd rather not have anything to do with them. Even Sebastian is like that, though I doubt many people know. He's so nice, so kind on the outside.

But I would bet every dollar I have that he's a totally different person when he's alone. 

How different, though?

That goes for all of them, especially for these two standing in front of me.

"Look-I spit somewhat hatefully. "I already said no. We've been standing here for almost ten minutes and your pals," I point behind them to the small bundle of people standing by the door watching us. "Are starting to get a little antsy. I don't know if this is some sort of cruel joke or something, but if you came over here just to throw my feelings for your friend in my face, then you can turn right back around and leave me alone. The whole school likes Sebastian, I don't see why I'm any different..."

I look at the floor, waiting for them to prove me right and laugh at me. Instead, I'm surprised to feel light touch on my arm. 

"You certainly are a fireball, aren't you? Don't worry, Ciel. This isn't a joke, we really want to help you - both of us." She looks behind her at her red-haired friend, smiling when she nods. "See? We think that you should take us up on our offer, you and your friend can come over to my place tomorrow morning and we'll tell you more. Here's my number...and here's Mey's. Call me when you're on your way and I'll have the guards open the gates for you. See you tomorrow, Ciel!"

She takes hold of her friends arm and walks over to the rest of her bunch, waving at me one last time before she's out the door.

What a weird girl...

I dismiss her from my thoughts, wadding up the piece of paper and shoving it in my pocket so I can throw it away later. If she thinks that I'm actually going to go to her home tomorrow - in the fucking morning -then she has to be crazy. 

The only reason I get up early on the weekends is if there's food or I have to pee. Other than that, my ass is staying under the covers in my bed all day long, either sleeping or watching pointless videos of people being idiots.

Or anime.

As I'm putting all my books in my locker, I start speaking to my friend.

"In what world did you think that it would be a good idea to tell Elizabeth that I have a crush on Sebastian? You know she'll just go back and tell him, then the next thing you know you'll be finding my mutilated body hanging from the flagpole outside the school. I just hope they leave my clothes on, wouldn't want to be brighter than the sun up there."

"She said she wouldn't tell."

I grab my backpack, swinging it over my shoulder and making my way towards the door. Once the two of us are outside I take a deep breath, the cool fall air making me shiver. I stick my hands in the pocket of my hoodie, looking at the clouds while I walk.

"Yeah, well - I said that I'd eat less candy and more salad but the last time I touched something green was when I was twelve."

Gregory shakes his head at me, walking next to me down the sidewalk. I have to walk a little slower because of the small height difference between us, but I've learned to adapt. 

"I really think we should go tomorrow, it would only benefit you. It would certainly help you get closer to him, wouldn't you say? And isn't that what you want?"

"No, Sebastian's nothing but a...promiscuous male. It would do me no good whatsoever to even get near him, he'd most likely throw my gay ass into the sun."

"Hmm.....well, first of all - he's very open about his bisexual...ness. So I doubt he'd be upset about you being gay. And, if that's the case, then why do you like him?" As he asks this, he doesn't spare me a single glance or show any amount of emotion in his tone, but I can tell that he honestly wants to know.

Well he's shit out of luck because I would like to know too.

I don't say anything and we continue to walk in a comfortable silence towards our houses.

That is, until he talks again. 

Don't get me wrong - I love him and all that, but like...I also enjoy peace and quiet sometimes. I also don't want him to say anything that might make me change my mind.

"They told me that they think you'd be good for him, whatever that means. Said that Sebastian's been sleeping around a little more than usual, that he needs to calm down and stick to just one person. When I said that you liked him -"

"Yeah, again, thanks for that." I roll my eyes.

"- They made a really high-pitched noise and said something about 'shipping it so hard'. I really don't understand girls, but I think that's a good thing...maybe. Anyway, they said that they could help you get close to Sebastian if we come over tomorrow, that they have a plan. Mey-Rin told me that all you have to do is listen to them and everything would go along smoothly. It sounds like they're going to either help you or kill you, I haven't decided which one is more realistic yet. It could go both ways, honestly..."

Oh gee.

Well if that doesn't sound like the dictionary definition of fun, then I don't know what does.

-------------------------------

A/N:

Do you know who Gregory is? Gregory Violet?

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)