Yandere!Claude (Black Butler) - Hauntingly Real

Shivering in the cold, dark alleyway of the city, I tried pulling my threadbare jacket a little tighter around my body in a futile battle against the freezing wind. I couldn't even feel my fingers anymore, the chill of winter having numbed them ages ago.

Ask me how long I had been huddled in this narrow alley and I couldn't even give an answer anymore. It felt like I had always been here, even though I could clearly remember a time when things were different, when I had parents watching out for me. Once upon a time, I'd lived in a house with a fire to warm myself by, food to eat that wasn't found in a rubbish bin behind some store or snatched from a table after a customer left the cafe.

Back then I hadn't even understood the real meaning of the words "I'm starving" when I had said them to my parents before dinner at night. At that point in my life, I had never felt my stomach curl in on itself, the hunger pains so bad I could barely move without stumbling, using a wall or fence to hold myself upright. If only things hadn't changed for the worse so quickly.

If only it had been me and not my parents, my innocent and loving parents, who had been killed in the carriage accident that fateful night so long ago.

--------

Staring at the man across the street from me, I couldn't help stepping back a bit in wariness. Even from here, I could feel the darkness that radiated from him. Sadly, my movement seemed to catch his attention rather than hiding me from his sight, his eyes locking with mine as he repressed the smile that seemed to want to overtake his lips.

It took just a moment for him to cross the quiet street and appear beside me, leaning close to me in a manner that had me stepping back further into my alleyway, the place I have been calling home for so long. Just as he lifted his foot to move closer he froze, a young male's voice calling out from the door of a building further down the street.

I can't deny the feeling of relief when the golden eyed male finally released his eyes from me and turned away to head back to the blonde who seemed to hold some level of control over him.

--------

He wouldn't stop appearing. Why did it have to be him that finally seemed to notice me hiding in the shadows? Why was he the one that started watching me whenever he and his 'Master' were nearby? Why couldn't it be someone else who finally seemed to care that I was still here, still existing in this world that hadn't even mourned the passing of the only people who had ever mattered to me?

Why did my heart start to warm for the first time in forever when I saw him looking at me with curiosity rather than his previous hunger?

--------

"Are you sure it's okay? Your Master won't get upset with you, will he?" My trembling voice almost matched the seemingly permanent trembling of my body, never seeming to be able to feel warm except for those times when Claude was close enough to wrap me in his arms.

I'm still not sure how our strange relationship had developed. It just seemed like one day, he had shown up, alone for once, and had handed me a rose with petals made of some kind of silk. Ever since then, he had made such visits more and more frequently, each one bringing with it a gift such as a new dress or a coat.

Not that they kept me much warmer than before but it was such an unexpected thing, it still brought a smile to my face when I felt the soft fabric brush against me with each movement I made. But today, today he had suddenly asked me if I would go with him to the manor he worked at, claiming he wished to treat me to a meal made just for me with his own hands.

"I am sure it will be fine. In fact, I am rather sure he won't even notice you are there, he is such a self-indulgent boy at times," his breath warmed my ear as he spoke softly, arms curled around me as he tried to warm me up.