Meeting [J. Daniel Atlas]

You guys will never guess who my least favorite Jesse character is. It's Daniel. I can't write him well, I can't deal with him. It's SO aggravating. I apologize that this is probably the worst Daniel imagine ever.

//

He was on the stage, performing another one of his amazing tricks when he saw you. Everything about you took his breath away. For a moment, he thought that he was sick. He never let his guard down like this. He never had a vulnerable moment, dropped his act, or even wavered for a second. But you changed all of that.

You were standing in the audience, your hands curled into fists that you raised to your lips. Your beautiful (e/c) eyes shone and widened with pure excitement. They matched well with the (f/c) dress and sparkling jewelry that adorned your body. The smile on your face merely grew with every second. Your red lips, looking soft under the dark lights of the showroom, widened as you watched him and impatiently waited for him to go on.

He cleared his throat and tore his eyes from you. With as much as he traveled around the world, he almost always met a beautiful woman every night. But none, he thought without exaggeration, were quite as breathtaking as you were.

He had to see you up close. Clapping his hands together once, he grinned. "And for the next act," he said, "I will need one lucky volunteer."

With the crowd riled up, screaming and pleading for them to be picked, Daniel covered his eyes with one hand. He held his hand out and slowly spun around the stage. Knowing exactly where you were, he stopped and pointed. He pulled his hand from his eyes and smirked.

"You," he said. Your jaw slacked open. "Yes, you."

He watched with eager eyes as you made your way up to the stage. He stood by the steps, holding out his hands to help you up. Your hand was warm and soft in his. There was a touch of nervousness in your eyes.

"Nervous?" he murmured, watching you close.

"A little," you admitted. He led you to the center stage.

"Don't be," he told you. He squeezed your hand. "What's your name?"

"___," you answered.

"Beautiful," he murmured. You blushed. He turned his attention back to the crowd. Daniel took out a deck of cards and showed them to the crowd. "___, all I need you to do is pick a card."

"That's it?" you asked, hesitantly plucking a card from his hand. "This is all I have to do?"

"Well that," he said. He looked down at you and raised his eyebrows. "And go on a date with me tonight."

"What?" You blushed, your eyes widening and a smile touching your lips. "I... you don't even know me---"

"And what better way to get to know you," he said. He stepped back and held out his arms. "So?"

You nodded slowly. "Yeah, all right."

"Excellent," he said.

He turned his attention to the crowd once again and grinned. Although he managed to keep his act together, his heart was really beating wildly in his chest. For some reason, you intimidated him, and he loved it.