Chapter 6

Megan's pov: 

I woke up early the next day to take a shower. After my shower, I got changed into my uniform and brushed my hair and teeth. It was only 6:30, so to pass time I pulled out my phone and put on my headphones. After a few songs, my favorite song came on. It's called Heathens by Twenty One Pilots. I started to sing along to it, but I didn't know that 4 males were listening.

"All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves. You don't know half of the abuse. All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves. You don't know half of the abuse." 

I didn't have my headphones on at the time and was singing loudly with the music blaring. 

"Welcome to the room of people who have rooms of people that they loved one day. Docked away. Just because we check the guns at the door , doesn't mean our brains will change from hand grenades. You're lovin' on the psycopath sitting next to you. You're lovin' on the murderer sitting next to you. You'll think, how'd I get here, sitting next to you? But after all I've said, please don't forget. All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves. You don't know the half of the abuse. We don't deal with outsiders very well. They say newcomers have a certain smell. Yeah, I trust issues, not to mention. They say they can smell your intentions. You're lovin' on the freakshow sitting next to you. You'll have some weird people sitting next to you. You'll think, "how did I get here, sitting next to you?" But after all I said, please don't forget. (Watch it, watch it)" 

I looked up to see 4 people staring at me. I blushed, embarresed and turned the song off. "No, turn it back on. I liked it and your singing." Said Blaise. I smiled and turned the song back on and continued singing.

"(watch it) All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves. You don't know half of the abuse. All my friends are heathens, take it slow. (watch it) Wait for them to ask you who you know. (watch it) All my friends are heathens, take it slow. (watch it) Wait for them to ask you who you know. Why'd you come, you knew you should have stayed. I tried to warn you just to stay away. And they're outside ready to bust. It looks like you might be one of us." 

I finished and all of a sudden, I hear clapping. I knew that 4 of my friends were here, but the whole common room?! Then a pug faced girl ran up to me. "Wow, that was amazing! Where did you learn to sing like that? What was the song called?" "I learned from my parents. And the song was called 'Heathens' by Twenty One Pilots." I said. "Cool, my name is Pansy Parkinson, you?" "Megan Black." She smiled at me. (I wanted Megan to have a Slytherin girl bestie) "Can you sing again?" "Sure. What song?" "Any song you know." I thought for a few minutes and thought of the perfect song. 

I turned the song on and started to sing to it. 

"Play us like pawns and relentlessly confine,

Into living up to gender roles and having absent minds

Don't you think it's funny how they tell us how to live? 

Don't you think it's funny how we're all delinquent kids? 

Like, hush now, don't say, don't say

Hush boy, oh hush boy, don't say a word

Throw on a jersey and no one gets hurt