why do good girls like bad guys? chapter 26

patrick's P.O.V

last night was the greatest, but most guitly night of my life.

i slept with pete's ex-girlfriend. i feel so horrible. i'm not a real friend since i did that... but then again, it was great. i really love jade. what we shared was so special.

jade moved around a little bit, but still had her head on my chest.

i picked my phone up to look at the time. "8:31"

i sat it back down on the night-stand.

i laid there until jade woke up.

she rubbed her eyes lightly.

"good morning" i said with a little smile.

"morning" she said with a confused look on her face.

"what is it?" i asked.

um, we uh.?

yeah we did. i said.

oh i thought so. sorry. i kinda forget things. jade said.

it's fine. i said while reaching for my clothes. jade doing the same.

once we were dressed, i asked if she wanted to go get breakfast. which she wanted to.

 we ate at I-HOP. and it was kind of awkward. i want to be with jade, but i don't know if she feels the same way.

"um, so do you think pete will ever talk to me again?" jade asked before taking a bite of her pancake.

i didn't know what to say. you never know with pete. i know jade still loves him.

"i'm sure he will.. he just needs some space" 

jade smiled lightly.

we finished our breakfast in silence.

once we left, we went back to the apartment. we pulled into the parking lot, and pete's car was there.

jade gave me a worried look.

it'll be okay jade. i said before stopping the car.

we got out and walked into the building. i got the key and opened the door.

pete was sitting on the couch. he seen us as we walked in the room.

"what are you doing here?" jade asked in an annoyed voice.

"i miss you jade." pete said while getting up.

oh bullshit! jade said with anger rising in her voice.

"pete, i'm over you." jade said before walking out the door.

i looked back at pete.

he looked so sad. i know he really loves jade, he just has a funny way of showing it.

"where were you?" i asked.

my mom let me stay with her... but i couldn't stop thinking about jade. i really love her patrick. i know it seems like i don't sometimes.. but i do. at the hospital that was my bipolar talking.

we stood there in silence for a while.

"i know, pete. i'm sorry. she'll come back. she just needs some time to think since you were gone"

patrick, what's wrong? i've been friends with you long enough to know somethings bothering you..

oh no. he caught on. i thought i hide it good enough.

"um w-why do you think somethings wrong?" i asked looking at the floor.

patrick, your blushing like crazy. and you seem nervous. pete said while walking a little closer to me.

what do i say? i thought to myself.

pete put his hand on my shoulder. "what's wrong pat?"

i looked down at the floor. i started feeling nervous. should i really tell him? what if he gets mad and punches me again? all in all, he is my best friend.. 

"pete?" i said while looking up at him.

"yeah?" pete asked sounding worried.

"um, m-me and j-jade we uh, we um, slept together l-last night."

"really?" pete asked sounding calm. he's calm about this? i slept with his ex-girlfriend, and he's being calm? 

"y-your not mad?" i asked.

pete sighed.

no, i'm not. pete said without making eye contact.

"oh, okay"

um, i guess i should go talk to jade. would it be weird for you if i got back with her? pete asked.

yes, of course it would be. i slept with her, and he wants to get back with her? 

"of course not" i actually said out loud.

pete gave me a small smile, then went out the door to find jade.