Prologue

There will always be three sides of a story. Your side, their side and the truth, or at least that is what I've encountered. Her life has always been that sort of way. It's cold where I stand, quite loud and crowded this city seems to be when the moon comes out. There, I see her running wild, shoving everyone out of her way with her dark eyes opened wide and her rosewood tinted lips slightly grinning. She looks back at those angry cops that follow her. I hear their voices echo the word 'thief'. Perhaps she has been stealing again, but something tells me she won't get away this time. I light up my cigarette as I witness this diverting event. I wander closer to the crowd where she stops to find a way to hide but it is too late, the people drift away as it starts to rain. The color tinted umbrellas fade out in to the distance while others make room for the police officers that surround her under the midnight sky. There, her time is up and she raises her fair hands and kneels to the ground.

-One year later-

"I've been told you are moving away."
"Yeah I am." The troubled girl with dark tired eyes answers, sitting on a grey couch, facing the woman who holds a notepad.
"I want to ask you only one question today. Since this is our last session. I want you to tell me the truth about how you truly feel." The woman sits on her couch, takes a deep and placid breath, and stares politely at the girl.
"Who are you? Who do you think you are deep down and what you think your purpose could be in your life?" the woman asks in a soft tone as she places her notepad down on her lap.
The girl looks up at the woman with certainty of her upcoming answer.
"I don't know who I am deep down nor who I will become but I know that this world can truly surprise you when you least expect it. It is corrupted, sad and dangerous out there. I've seen things that others haven't; others like you. You look up at the sky and you see blue, but I see white. You look down at the ground and you see green, but I see black. You look at the people around and you see multiple colors but you know what I see? Grey. You can't trust anyone, sometimes not even yourself. We are all capable of bad things even if we deny it. I stole an M9 from the nearest gun store and shot the clerk on his high knee for calling me a bitch... My name is Blair Acker [Ah-Ker], I was born on May 4th, and I am 18  years old."