4 Years

{{ NOT AN AU!!! I REPEAT NOT AN AU!!! }}

SAM'S P.O.V.

We just came back from a hunt, exausted and in an awkward situation. Just like always... Our daily conversation about how we're feeling took the whole 180 turn...

^^flashback^^

We were on our way to the cheap, crappy motel where we had our stuff. The car was filled with the purr of Dean's 'baby' (as he loves to call...) until Dean himself had a go at me.

"Sammy, you know we can't just leave it like that." Dean said in his usual protective voice. I scoffed and rolled my eyes before I joined in.

"Dean-"

"No Sam! You nearlly had us killed back there! If it wasn't for Cas, we would probably be deep in hell!" He took a moment to glance at me. I turned away completely and looked through the window. "What's up with you lately? It's exactly the same when he died- Wait... It's about him again, isn't it?" He narrowed hos eyes.

"Why do you care huh?! I mean, I understand that you're my brother but maybe, there are things I don't want to talk about!" I said as my words echoed through the car.

"Sam... It's been four years... Four years since he died... So why are you like this again?" Dean exclaimed in a low and careful tone.

"Dean! What about you huh? You and Cas! You think I don't know how you always cringe when he calls you 'buddy' or how you look at him when you think no one else is looking? Its painful for me too to see you like that!" I shouted at him.

And that's how awkwardness came and settled down between us.

^^End of flashback^^

I sat on the chair while Dean sat on his bed. We were still on awkward conditions. We haven't looked at each other either. It was getting late so we didn't go out anywhere else. We just stayed in the hotel.

"Right... I'm going out to get some pie... Anything you want?" Dean broke the long silence.

"Just the usual, thanks." I replied.

Dean exited the room and left me here on my own. I stood up to take a shower when I heard a loud bang on the door. Must be Dean.

I opened the door just to see nothing. Hmm... Maybe it's some guy accidentally bumping on the door. I thought. I returned to what I was doing before.
I managed to take a long, hot shower.
This calmed me down and kind of helped me to gather all my guts to apologise to Dean once he'll be back.

I wrapped a towel around my waist and took one more to dry my hair. As I walked to my bed where my bag full of clothes were, I noticed a candy wrapper. I just ignored it, thinking it was here before we came.

I put on a random shirt, a plaid with a similar colour and dark jeans. As I was putting on the plaid I heard a flutter of wings. Thinking it's Cas I started talking about Dean.

"Dean is out shopping and won't be ba-" I stopped when I turned around and saw him.

"Heya Sammoose. Miss me?" Gabriel said as he put a sucker in his mouth while smiling softly.