Chapter 16 - Leading to Secrets

Author:

So hi. How's it going? Great to hear about your happy great grandmother. Oh, I'm good thanks. I just haven't been uploading, you know the same old me(: Oh my great grandmother? She's doing awesome. She's very energetic, by that I mean she talks a lot :) No she's not dead, she happily alive.

Now, I may be talking to myself when I'm writing this, but I just wanted to say that you people out there who read, vote, and comment on this story are amazing. I love you. This book has gotten over 10,000 reads and I just can't believe it. It may not mean much to those Watty Award winners who have like 1,000,000 reads, but it means a lot to me. I started in July and now it's February. Excuse me for not uploading a lot. To make something and have other people enjoy it as much as you do, it's just amazing. So thank you soo much <3(;

~Enjoy~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stepped in the winter decorated room, ready for the gawking and shit. They stopped from dancing and turned to us gasping. "Abby's here?!" some girl whispered way too loud.

"She goes to a real dance?!"

"It's a 'she'?!" Now that one I just wanted to grab whoever's mouth and sew it up.

"Hey, shut up! She's actually pretty!"

"Yeah, kinda hot!" And other shitty stuff.

"Thanks for bringing me here, guys," I faked a smile to them.

"Some guys just called me hot, so I'm good," Jordan smirked.

"WHO?" Jason cried causing the guys and me to look. "Uh, nothing," he smiled nervously. Jordan stepped away from him a little, with a confused yet scared smile.

"Nice going," I whispered to him, hoping the others won't hear, and kinda wishing they did.

"Heheh," he scowled.

"So I needa go to the -"

"You can't ditch," Ryan cut me off before I even finished.

"I don't do these things! Lame and annoying," I sighed, irritated.

"Hey look! I put that up," Ryan gasped, pointing at the banner and avoiding the subject.

"At least enjoy the decorations," Jordan gave me a hopeful smile, then walked over to the snack table.

"Don't want to be here?" a voice echoed.

"Wow, who knows me more than you do?" I said in the most sarcastic voice I could, turning around to face him.

"So, why are you here?" Cam raised an eyebrow. "Ryan proposed?" he teased excitedly.

"Heh," I let out a chuckled. "And I always thought you were the one who liked me."

"I'll let that go slide," he whispered. I rolled my eyes and walked over to a nearby table. He followed me and we sat down together with an awkward silence taking over us.

Everyone's eyes darted to the door in shock. Cinderella probably arrived. I followed their gaze and my eyes landed on a girl. It was Jenny Keni. She wore the most pinkest dress ever. Filled with sparkles and fluffy patterns. I've gotta admit, she did look pretty good without her glasses and baggy typical nerd style. "Beautiful, right?" Cam interrupted my thoughts.

"What? Developing a crush on Jenny Keni?" I smirked, turning around to face him instead of her.

"I meant the dress," he faked a smile. "I almost forgot how pretty you looked in that."