5

"So why does he like painting his nails?" Caspar asks over a bowl of cereal.

Jacob just shrugs, chewing on his own.

"Is he like, transgender or something?"

Jacob shakes his head 'no,' and he almost wants to call Joe up so he can give Caspar the same lecture he got.

"Do you like him?"

Jacob looks at him with wide eyes and furrowed eyebrows.

Caspar shrugs. "You're just weird with him."

Jacob rolls his eyes. "What about you and Joe," he says sarcastically.

Caspar blushes and looks down. "I've liked him for a long time, Jake."

Jacob immediately softens at his friend's response. "Yeah, he has liked you for a while too, though, you know? He use to zone out staring at you, still does."

"Yeah?" Caspar says, smiling.

Jacob rolls his eyes. "Yeah."

**

To Troye:) "oh god please save me they are so disgusting"

From Troye:)   "wanna come over? :)"

Jacob feels extraordinarily thankful that Troye doesn't question it. Because he can make a list- a list - of how utterly disgusting Joe and Caspar are. The regret of letting them ever fulfill their date alone is quickly filling him, because they are just so fucking gross. One minute they're kissing and cuddling and talking to each other like they're sodding babies, then the next minute they're dry humping each other and moaning and groaning, and fucking ew. It all makes Jacob want to slit his throat and jump into a pool of goddamn lemon juice.

Jacob sends Troye a quick 'on my way' and he doesn't even think the two lovebirds notice him slipping out the door.

The next thing he knows is that he is sitting cross-legged on Troye's bedroom floor, Troye's hand sprawled across his thigh as he leans backwards and cackles loud enough the neighbours will hear.

"I never said I was any good at painting nails," Jacob says, licking his thumb and wiping away the bright red mark that runs across Troye's thumb.

"You're terrible." Troye says between crossed fingers and giggles.

"Yeah, I can tell you something that's terrible alright," he mutters under his breath, and Troye giggles again.

"Are they really that bad?" He asks, smile evident in his tone as Jacob paints over his pointer finger.

"God, yes. At least I have the decency to take my boyfriend's somewhere else. All they do is cuddle on the couch- my couch, by the way- and trade spit and- god, they are probably having sex on it right now," Jacob groans and ends up swiping across Troye's middle finger with the polish.

"You have a boyfriend, then?" Troye asks, cautiously almost, but Jacob just shakes head.

"Not at the moment, no. My last relationship was over a year ago and after that I just decided to take a little break, you know? We ended it mutually, and honestly, I could probably call him up and we could chat like friends, but I would never. He just wasn't that type of person I could see myself with in the long-run."

Jacob looks up and sees Troye nodding at what he's saying. Jacob gestures for his other hand and Troye moves it over. "So what about you Troye? Boyfriends, girlfriends?" Jacob doesn't expect Troye to have one, because he said he has no friends, but he figures he might as well still ask.