# chapter nineteen

I asked Victoria to join me on the rooftop of the hotel and she agreed. She was wearing leggings and a shirt under her baby pink sweater. Her hair is still wet from the shower.

"So, you said you wanted to ask me something?" She asked a few minutes after the sun has set.

"Shhh. Don't ruin the moment," I put my arm around her shoulder.

When I looked at her, she was staring into the dark abyss that we called the night sky. There were little stars shining. She leans her head on my shoulder. I smiled.

"Have I seen you before?" I asked no one in particular.

She pulled away. "What?"

"I feel like I've seen you before but I couldn't remember," I told her.

Her big blue eyes stared back at me and her lips were parted.

"I don't know either," She looked away.

"Victoria, tell me about yourself," she looks at me as if I was crazy.

"OK? What do you want to know about me?" She sat crossed legged, facing me.

"Hm. OK. Let's play 20 questions. I'll go first. Do you have any siblings?" I stretched my legs.

"Yep. Older brother and older sister. My turn. Where's Rochelle?" She awkwardly asked.

"I don't know. Probably back at her house? I broke up with her. I mean, we were never together anyways," I told her. "How old are you?"

"You don't know how old I am?" She giggled.

"Hey! I asked first!" I teased.

"OK. OK. 25 but I look like a teenager, right?" She giggled.

"You're 25? And how old are Narelle, Issaac and Kenneth?" I asked, shocked.

"Hey! That's three question at one go," she whined. "They're 25 too. We're high school friends. Favourite season?"

"Uh. Summer, I guess. When did you lose your virginity?" I smiled innocently at her.

"Jack! What kind of question is that?" She punched my arm lightly.

"Just answer it," I rolled my eyes jokingly.

"18. My turn. Favourite time of the day," She rested her elbow on her thigh.

"Nap time," we burst out laughing.

We stopped laughing and we stayed quiet. I stared at her. She looked up and our gaze locked. Her cheeks turn pink and she looked away. I lean my head towards her. She leans in too.

Suddenly, she pulled away and sneezed.

"Excuse me!" She giggled.

"Bless you," I chuckled at her.

"Just kiss already!" We heard Kenneth's familiar voice.

We turned our heads to the voice and saw all of them standing by the door. Her band was making kissing faces while mine just laughed along.

"Guys!" She covered her face.

I removed her hands from her face and cupped her small and squishy face. Our lips touched and I was kissing her. She kissed me back while snaking her arm around my neck.

We pulled away and our friends started cheering at the top of their lungs, echoing the roof.

"Hey, Jack. Whatcha thinking about? Alex appeared next to me.

"Victoria," I sighed.

"Aww. It's OK, Jack. We'll see them again in Denver one week from now," Rian heard and nudged my bicep.

"What if she has a boyfriend?!" I asked.

"She won't-"

"And how do you know that?!" I rested my head on my hands.