Asylum (Hester x reader)

So this is all before the events of the show so obviously spoilers. I hope you're happy Maxx i skipped a request to do yours first now will you stop bugging me about it ???
Hester x reader

You were only sixteen when you got admitted to the asylum. You were confused as to what got you there though. Was it the time you didn't help an old lady cross the street or those seven buildings you burnt down? Well the latter sounded more reasonable because of the fact that when you told your psychiatrist that you liked hearing the crackling of the building burning down as well as hearing the people trapped inside screaming for help, your psychiatrist called the authorities immediately. She was a buzzkill honestly. You looked down at the ugly shapeless clothes you were forced to wear while you were at the asylum and kind of regret getting caught for the sole reason of how disgusting you thought you looked in those clothes. The worst part was that you weren't given a sweater and the asylum didn't care enough about the inmates to heat the building so it was freezing cold. You were sitting at a chess table alone, moving the pieces for both sides while trying to hide the fact that you were shivering every few seconds. You felt something drop onto your shoulders as someone walked from behind you and over to the seat opposite of you. You looked over your shoulder to see that this girl had placed a grey hoodie around you.

"I know how hard it is the come across warm clothes here, and i also know how hard it is to come across good friends here. So consider this a peace offering." The girl said and smiled as she moved one of the chess pieces. You thanked her and gave her a small smile. You carelessly moved one of you pawn foreword, paying more attention to her than the actual game. "So what's your story? Why're you here?" She asked you, seemingly out of nowhere. You thought i was kinda rude that she asked you that after like two minutes of knowing her but she just casually moved her chess piece while waiting for you to reply.

"Well I mean... I burnt stuff... Like buildings... And people... A lot of buildings and a lot of people." You really couldn't think of a nice way to say that you were in for arson so you just said the honest truth and mindlessly moved one of you chess pieces foreword. You looked at her and waited for a reaction. She just nodded like everything was normal and moved her chess piece. The fact that this girl had no reaction to that probably meant that she's seen a lot of shit and nothing can surprise her anymore. You stared up at her as she looked like she was thinking about something, probably thinking about how to react to what you just told her without sounding like an asshole or a psychopath.

"You know I've seen people in for murder, for seeing things. I've even seen someone get locked up for pissing on another person on a park bench. But never in my seventeen years on this earth and in this asylum, have I seen anyone get locked up for arson." She said in almost an admiring tone. Basically all you were able to pick up from what she said was that someone got locked up for literally urinating on another human in public, and she's lived at the asylum her whole life. You kind of wanted to ask her about that but with all the time you had to be here for, there was much more time to learn things about her. You had just finished moving you knight closer to her king when her heard her say something you really didn't expect. "That's actually kind of hot.... The arson I mean, not how badly you play chess."

"Thank you..?.." You said in a questioning way after a short silence. She gave you a smile smile as she moved her chess piece. You looked down at the chess board to see her knight right in front of your king. You stared at the pieces for a few seconds before knocking the table down. She sat in the chair and smiled at you as if she hadn't seen anything. Hester got up when she heard the nurses saying that it was time for dinner. She looked over at you with the same grin plastered on her face. You stared at her as she walked away, fazed by how calm she was towards your obvious mental instability. You watched as she sat down at the table that they set up for dinner. She looked back over to you, her eyes locking onto you, staring at you and seemingly telling you to sit next to her, with just her eyes. You walked over with hesitation and sat down in the empty seat next to her.

"I'm Hester by the way." She informed you, grinning at you like she has been this entire time. You wanted to ask if Hester was her real name or if it was just a joke. Hester just sounds like one of those joke names. You decided against asking her just incase you offended her and she asked for her sweater back. The nurses handed everyone sandwiches and juice boxes without straws. There was probably a story about someone getting stabbed to explain the lack of straws with your juice boxes. You ate quietly, watching as Hester talked with the others about murder weapons and such. This might not be as bad as you expected.

~~A year and a half later~~

Yesterday, Hester left you and the asylum to go to university. She said it was part of a huge revenge scheme, you really never questioned her further than that though. You wished that you could go with her but you weren't deemed mentally well enough to leave the asylum. You and Hester had become more than friends over your time together in the asylum though neither of you really said that you were anything. She told you to wear her sweater everyday to remember her and that she would visit as often as she could, but you were pretty sure she wouldn't ever come back for you. At least whatever you had was fun while it lasted.