ƧEVE₦ŦEE₦

•|• The Cat & The Hatter Pt. I •|•

I remember when. I remember, I remember when I lost my mind. There was something so pleasant about that place. Even your emotions had an echo in so much space.
Crazy (Cover) | Melanie Martinez

•|•

•|•

THE CLOCK on the wall ticked, showing that it was 7:30 pm. Enzo stood in the middle Nala's office. Waiting for her to come back and had expected that maybe she'd be here. It had been exactly 48 hours since they had made up and she left the explore the streets of Gotham. He called her and left numerous of voice messages and texts, still no replies back. Maybe she was ignoring him for some unknown reason--usually that would be the case. But he knew deep down that that wasn't it. Something was wrong. His cell phone ringed in his pocket. Enzo cleared his throat before answering it.

"Hatter speaking."

"Enzo--"

He cut off Lincoln's voice with a annoyed groan, rolling his eyes before sitting on the edge of the desk.

"What do you want lover boy? Is Cheshire with you?" Enzo asked with hope in his voice at the end.

"That's why I'm calling, I thought she was with you. She isn't answering her phone."

Damn. Where could that mad cat have gone to. If she wasn't with her fellow enhanced than she was really nowhere to be found. Enzo clicked his tongue before letting out a huff.

"Ah. Well, then she is with me. Don't bother coming over to see her. Bye!"

He ended the call and shoved the phone back into his pocket. Rubbing his temples he tried to think. What if she'd been killed? Nah, she's Cheshire. No one could kill her even if they tried hard enough. The was a knock on the door.